cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beneficiary name does not match the name on Upwork? Can't get paid

Highlighted
Antonia K Member Since: Jun 30, 2020
91 of 326

Great. Hopefully you can notify us by email or in here.

Thank you

Highlighted
Nataša M Member Since: Sep 19, 2019
92 of 326

I have a problem with a mismatched name on Upwork and Paypal, even though they are the same. My name and the surname have the letters from the Serbian language that does not exist in English (Š, Ć) and these letters appear on both Upwork and Paypal name. How can I get this fixed? I have verified account and I have been using the same payment method for a year, but now, it reports it as mismatched. What should I change? I am confused.

Highlighted
Antonia K Member Since: Jun 30, 2020
93 of 326

I received a an email to reconnect my PayPal however now it says my account name does not match my PayPal name. Is there a way I could help Upwork to verify that it is me. The name of my Paypal is my service name for business and I don't have other PayPal accounts. Do I have to change my Upwork name to my business name?

***I received the following message: Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. ***

However my name has been verified by Upwork.

Anyone know anything about this?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
94 of 326

Hi Antonia and Zeyad,

We are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. I`m sorry about the delay.

Untitled
Highlighted
Joshua M Member Since: Feb 1, 2018
95 of 326

Having the same issue here!

My Paypal verification has failed the reason being that the names do not match yet the name on the Upwork system is my surname (Which I don't use on Upwork) and my middle name initials. 
How is this a criterion for verifying yet on Paypal I use all my three names?
Secondly, I contacted support on chat but got just something close to an auto-reply that the name would be checked manually. I expected more to this now that's it's evident that this is a recurring issue. 

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
96 of 326

Hi Joshua,

I checked your account, and it looks like our team has already confirmed that they will manually review your account. If they need more information from you, they will update you directly on the same ticket. Thank you for your patience. 

-Joanne
Untitled
97 of 326

Hi, I've already received the feedback from the review;

"Hi Joshua,
The name "N" on your payment account has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for compliance. Please visit our FAQ page for additional information."

Should I expect any other communication from the team?

Highlighted
98 of 326

Thank you, Joanne, finally got my account approved but had to follow up with support.

Highlighted
99 of 326

Finally got my Paypal approved. 
Followed it with Support and verified my identity afresh. 
I'm thankful but shouldn't be such a long process.

Highlighted
Zeyad M Member Since: May 21, 2020
100 of 326

Hello,

I got this message while setting up PayPal to my account. "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS