cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Method Issue.

Highlighted
Karen H Member Since: Jun 26, 2016
301 of 327

I am trying to update my Paypal as per Upwork's request. Now it shows that I have no payment information on file. I click the link to Paypal and login in, as prompted, to Paypal and Upwork, then it just flashed back and forth between two screens...one says trying to log into Paypal and the other says it is trying to connect to Upwork. After a few minutes, it gives me a message that the system encountered an error and to click to retry. That link goes to a 404 unknown page. So currently, I have no way to get paid from Upwork. Any suggestions? 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
302 of 327

Hi Karen,

We’re sorry for the trouble you are having when you try to re-add your PayPal account. As a troubleshooting step, we suggest trying to add your PayPal account again using another web browser (please avoid Safari).

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Kudriavtsev Member Since: Oct 6, 2016
303 of 327

Hi!

I have the name mismatch error. My name on Upwork is in English but on PayPal is in Russian.

Should I just wait or contact the support?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
304 of 327

Hi Kudriavtsev,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

Untitled
Highlighted
Jozef F Member Since: Sep 18, 2019
305 of 327

Hello there,

>>>Your PayPal has been added Name on PayPal does not match your name.<<<

I’ve got the same name for both PayPal and UpWork.

Thank you for any help,

Joe

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
306 of 327

Hi Jozef,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. We apologize for the delay.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Ahmed K Member Since: Jul 12, 2020
307 of 327

Hello There, I added Paypal as a payment method and i got ( The beneficiary name is mismatched.) Although the name on both accounts is identical ( Ahmed Khairy ) .

How to solve this issue ?

Thanks

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
308 of 327

Hi Ahmed,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Guang Lin G Member Since: Jun 30, 2020
309 of 327

Hello, I am new to here. I am not sure so many stuffs.

I've just added my paypal account for get paid, but I got the issue as follows;

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

In HongKong, we write the full name as Lastname + FirstName, maybe is this problem?
I need your help.
Thanks.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
310 of 327

Hi Guang,

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS