cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The system will not allow me to set up PayPal payment.

pandaletras
Gerardo R Member Since: Mar 24, 2021
421 of 452

Hi Adam!

I have the same problem. Could you help me?

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
422 of 452

Hi Gerardo,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

~ Joanne
Upwork
chafardetmaria
Maria Veronica C Member Since: Mar 27, 2021
423 of 452
Hi there,

My name is mismatched from Paypal even though it's the same name. Need assistance or manual check please

Thanks in advance,
María
adambogdanovic
Adam B Member Since: Nov 27, 2020
424 of 452

In my case it resolved itself after several days. Hope it also happens for you

willfuqua
Will F Member Since: Mar 24, 2021
425 of 452

I'm trying to link my business's PayPal account to UpWork, but it isn't working. I'm getting a message saying "The beneficiary name is mismatched." How do I get this resolved?

ganzer
Sergey S Member Since: Apr 15, 2015
426 of 452

Is there any chance to connect my paypal account which is registered in another country and has Russian spelling which is not the same as on Upwork at all?

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
427 of 452

Hi Sergey,

To set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. You can check out this help article for more information.

~ Nikola

Untitled
4a44ee72
Bobbie H Member Since: Mar 29, 2021
428 of 452

I am a former freelancer and have returned to being active. I am trying to re-add my PayPal account--the same one I used in the past. It is an active account. I keep getting a message that my user names don't match. Please help.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
429 of 452

Hi Bobbie,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
58262adb
Ulrigh D Member Since: Sep 28, 2020
430 of 452
Hi Avery

I have a similar problem, my PayPal and Upwork email are the same as well as my name. However payments to my PayPal from Upwork are still being rejected.

Please help
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS