cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beneficary name mismatch

jinzhe81
Zhe J Member Since: May 26, 2021
451 of 460

Hi, I've configured paid settings. But it says that payment account name does not match your name on Upwork. 

Since I am not able to input Korean spell into upwork account, it got different.  Let me know what the solution is.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
452 of 460

Hi Zhe,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
margett
Margarita P Member Since: Jun 16, 2021
453 of 460

Hello! My payment verification has just failed because of beneficiary names mismatched problem. However, my UpWork account is using exactly the same name as my PayPal account (my real name), but in different language. My PayPal is set up in Russian. What can I do to solve the problem?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
454 of 460

Hi Margarita,

Please allow up to 3 days for the complete review to be finished. If you're still experiencing any problems after this, feel free to follow up here. Thank you. 

~ Goran
Upwork
neven98
Neven S Member Since: Jun 28, 2021
455 of 460
I've been informed that there is an issue with identity verification notwithstanding that my UpWork name does match my legal name. The slight difference is the letter 'ć' which is converted into a 'c' as to not confuse clients. 'ć' is also pronounced c in Serbian when spoken or written latin so there should be no issues. I need this resolved, thank you.
tinker_bell3
456 of 460

Hi Neven,

Please allow up to 3 days for the review to complete. If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out. We are here to help. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
creativeventures
Chris H Member Since: Oct 6, 2019
457 of 460

I've been away from Upwork for awhile and I guess that is why my Paypal account was deactivated. Now, I'm having trouble reactivating it for the name mismatch others have mentioned.  Although I took time away, I continued paying the money fee.  It's amazing that Upwork withdrew their fee every single month I was away from this deactivated Paypal account, but now I can't use it to get paid....or until it's reactivated, I talk to the chat bot, post a few messages, try to find their telephone number, post a complaint here, and still wait a couple of days for a response.   You know....the typical self-service customer service companies use now.

tinker_bell3
458 of 460

Hi Chris,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Please allow up to 3 days for the review to complete. If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
dariashibaeva
Daria S Member Since: Aug 16, 2021
459 of 460

Hello! I am from Russia, and I cannot link my Paypal account to upwork because the beneficiary name in my payment method does not match the name in my Upwork account.Hello. Is it possible to verify the payment method through PayPal if my PayPal account has my name in Russian, but it completely matches if I translate into English. Please help me

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
460 of 460

Hi Daria,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS