cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Needed for Freelancers to Update PayPal info

Highlighted
Maria F Member Since: Jul 9, 2020
321 of 373

Nobody has contacted me so far. And I still can't add a paypal, although the names are the same. Why can't I get my money from Upwork ? Can you help me?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
322 of 373

Hi Maria, 

I checked your account, and I can see that the team has already updated your ticket number: 29130952. Please refer to the information they shared with you on the ticket. If you have any questions, please feel free to send a follow-up to our team. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Maria F Member Since: Jul 9, 2020
323 of 373
But I else have my problem wit PayPal and Upwork
Can you help me?
Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
324 of 373

Hi Maria,

Please allow more time for our team to review your account and notify you about it.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Aleksander L Member Since: Oct 18, 2018
325 of 373

I need same ticket too

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
326 of 373

Hi Aleksander,

Thanks for the message. I checked and see the mismatch for your account has been resolved already. Feel free to follow up here in the Community if you have any questions or feedback.

Highlighted
Sviatoslav I Member Since: Jul 26, 2020
327 of 373

Hello! I'm from Russia and my PayPal account name written in Cyrillic, can you verify manually and resolve this mismatch issue, please?

Highlighted
Jeroen H Member Since: Oct 31, 2017
328 of 373

Hi,

To my surprise I receieved an email form Upwork that seems legit, but what a mistake is made here! In my opinion and experience it is bad practise to request to click a link in an email if it is about banking.

###

Steps for connecting your PayPal account:

• Click where shown below

Never ever click a link in an email about banking. Period.

Best practise would be a text only email asking to log in and check it out. I did just that and it works out alright. 

My problem and the reason why I post this publically it the fact that you (Upwork) should never encourage users to click links in cold emails about updating (bank) account info. This is a recipe for spammers that can copy the format and trick less savy users.

Please make adjustmenst accordingly,

Jeroen

People, never log in to your pp or any other sensitive account from a link in an unexpected email  always go directly to the site and go from there.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
329 of 373

Hi Jeroen,

When you re-add PayPal to your Upwork account you will be directed to PayPal.com. There, you’ll be prompted to log into your PayPal account and confirm that you want to “Connect your PayPal account to Upwork.”

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Jeroen H Member Since: Oct 31, 2017
330 of 373

HI Joanne,

I know how to re-add my PP. That was not my question or request. Please read my message again. It is about enabeling spammers handing them a template.

Be like my bank. They say. We never ask o click our cusomers on a link in an email.

J

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS