Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Needed for Freelancers to Update PayPal info

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
361 of 386

Hi Joseph,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Joseph V Member Since: Sep 2, 2020
362 of 386
Thank you very very much. I wouldn't have brought this up if it had not
caused me to lose work in the past. I appreciate the quick response.
Highlighted
Cesar Augusto A Member Since: Jul 29, 2019
363 of 386

I'm trying to set my PayPal account again as a payment method to get the money of Upwork but the page says "The beneficiary name is mismatched" and it's the same name on Paypal and Upwork.

It was solved a few days ago but I had to delete the PayPal acount from Upwork and now that I'm setting up the PayPal payment option again, it shows the same problem

Highlighted
364 of 386

Hi Cesar,

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Mohamed R Member Since: Sep 10, 2020
365 of 386
I'm trying to add a payment method and i linked my PayPal to upwork but it tells me that my name on PayPal doesn't match my name on upwork.. but i think there are same..
Highlighted
366 of 386

Hi Mohamed,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Muhammad Dawood G Member Since: Sep 11, 2020
367 of 386
Hi Aleksandar
I am also facing this subject issue. Can you please help me also.

Thanks
Ali
Highlighted
368 of 386

Hi Muhammad Dawood,

I checked your account, and it looks like your payment method on file is already active. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Mericel A Member Since: Sep 15, 2020
369 of 386
Hi joanne,
I am also facing the same problem please help me, thanks in advance.
Highlighted
370 of 386

Hi Mericel,

I checked your account and see that you have been notified about the status of your payment method. When you originally added PayPal, you were not required to link your account with Upwork. However, to help ensure the safe transfer of your funds, we now ask all freelancers and agencies who use PayPal to take this step. You can link your PayPal account with your Upwork account by clicking a self-serve link that will appear at the top of the “Get Paid” page as an alert. Note: If you’ve logged into Upwork or been paid within the past six months you will also receive the link via email.

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS