cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Needed for Freelancers to Update PayPal info

dfreegraph
David M Member Since: Apr 10, 2019
391 of 433

Hello. I have connected paypal account which is mine and has my name. system says "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. " can you help me to resolve that problem?

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
392 of 433

Hi David,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience. 

-Joanne
Untitled
dimstef
Dimitris S Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
393 of 433

Hey everyone,

My paypal has my name in greek characters but I use the english version of my name on upwork so people can address me without any confusion. But that has caused upwork to deactivate my paypal as a payment method since "The beneficiary name is mismatched.". Does upwork automatically fix this stuff? What do I do in this situation? I also don't know if I can contact them directly, so do I just wait for now?

tinker_bell3
394 of 433

Hi Jim,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible.

-Joanne
Untitled
de87e976
kirollos a Member Since: Oct 26, 2020
395 of 433

I can't link paypal with upwork. It tells me the name is different although it's exactly the same in both 

**Edited for community guidelines**what should i do?

tinker_bell3
396 of 433

Hi Kirollos,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

-Joanne
Untitled
eimearq
Eimear Q Member Since: Dec 9, 2020
397 of 433

I'm new to Upwork freelencing and tried to buy connects via our business Paypal. We have a business PayPal but has my partner name officially on it.

Now Upwork asking government ID for my partner but my profile is on my name?

I cannot find the email or help related to this anywhere and have been trying to contact Upwork. Can someone help how to contact customer service?

tinker_bell3
398 of 433

Hi Eimear,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

-Joanne
Untitled
e029fb52
Joaquin N Member Since: Jan 5, 2021
399 of 433

Hi!
I recenty connected my Upwork account to paypal. After I'm done I get a message saying: "the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."
The thing is: the name of my profile is an artistic nickname, but I've written my real name in the "Tax Information" section of the settings where you have to complete the W8 form. That name and the one in PayPal are exactly the same. 
Looking forward to any help I could have, specially from an Upwork employee.

tinker_bell3
400 of 433

Hi Joaquin,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

-Joanne
Untitled