cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Needed for Freelancers to Update PayPal info

eimearq
Eimear Q Member Since: Dec 9, 2020
401 of 452

I'm new to Upwork freelencing and tried to buy connects via our business Paypal. We have a business PayPal but has my partner name officially on it.

Now Upwork asking government ID for my partner but my profile is on my name?

I cannot find the email or help related to this anywhere and have been trying to contact Upwork. Can someone help how to contact customer service?

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
402 of 452

Hi Eimear,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
e029fb52
Joaquin N Member Since: Jan 5, 2021
403 of 452

Hi!
I recenty connected my Upwork account to paypal. After I'm done I get a message saying: "the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."
The thing is: the name of my profile is an artistic nickname, but I've written my real name in the "Tax Information" section of the settings where you have to complete the W8 form. That name and the one in PayPal are exactly the same. 
Looking forward to any help I could have, specially from an Upwork employee.

tinker_bell3
404 of 452

Hi Joaquin,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e029fb52
Joaquin N Member Since: Jan 5, 2021
405 of 452

Hi Joanne!
Thank you for your quick answer. Thats one of the great thinks about this community.
But I would like to know in what time I can expect it to be solved.

tinker_bell3
406 of 452

Hi Joaquin,

Please allow 3 days for the new payment method to be active. If our team requires more information from you, they will reach out to you directly.

~ Joanne
Upwork
zaidshrouki
Zad S Member Since: Feb 3, 2021
407 of 452
hello i ve the same probile
tinker_bell3
408 of 452

Hi Zad, 

Rest assured that our team is reviewing this as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Joanne
Upwork
lm_garciamejia
Luis Mario G Member Since: Feb 4, 2021
409 of 452

I have PayPal account with an email address. When I try link my Upwork account also with an email address and the exact same name as my Upwork, I receive a notification that the PayPal account can't be verified as "The beneficiary name is mismatched". I don't understand this, what can I do to get some help?

tinker_bell3
410 of 452

Hi Luis Mario,

It looks like you have already added your payment method on file. Please allow 3 days for the new payment method to be active. If our team requires more information from you, they will reach out to you directly.

~ Joanne
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS