Action Needed for Freelancers to Update PayPal info

ignacio_jet
Jet I Member Since: Sep 24, 2018
411 of 430

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
412 of 430

Hi Jet,

When you originally added PayPal, you were not required to link your account with Upwork. To help ensure the safe transfer of your funds, we now need you to connect your PayPal account with Upwork. Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

-Joanne
Untitled
e3475881
Edvin P Member Since: Mar 15, 2021
413 of 430

Hello, 

In my case i got the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the email and name from both my paypal account and upwork are the same. What do I do?

Thanks in advance!

tinker_bell3
414 of 430

Hi Edvin,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

-Joanne
Untitled
andrewmo88
Andrew M Member Since: Jan 30, 2016
415 of 430

What is the benefit to posting the same canned response over and over again? Some insights as to why it is an issue to begin would be far more helpful. :-\ 

adambogdanovic
Adam B Member Since: Nov 27, 2020
416 of 430

I've reactivated payment method via paypal and it says the "beneficiary name is mismatched". But name on the Paypal and Upwork are completely the same. I use different email address for paypal because I have it much longer than upwork account. Can you tell me what to do to fix it please

pandaletras
Gerardo R Member Since: Mar 24, 2021
417 of 430

Hi Adam!

I have the same problem. Could you help me?

tinker_bell3
418 of 430

Hi Gerardo,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

-Joanne
Untitled
chafardetmaria
Maria Veronica C Member Since: Mar 27, 2021
419 of 430
Hi there,

My name is mismatched from Paypal even though it's the same name. Need assistance or manual check please

Thanks in advance,
María
adambogdanovic
Adam B Member Since: Nov 27, 2020
420 of 430

In my case it resolved itself after several days. Hope it also happens for you