Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Needed for Freelancers to Update PayPal info

jayny
Joshua M Member Since: Feb 1, 2018
101 of 450

Finally got my Paypal approved. 
Followed it with Support and verified my identity afresh. 
I'm thankful but shouldn't be such a long process.

muhammed-zeyad
Zeyad M Member Since: May 21, 2020
102 of 450

Hello,

I got this message while setting up PayPal to my account. "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

kempalex
Alex K Member Since: Jun 11, 2020
103 of 450

I have paypal account with email address email1@mydomain.com. When I try link my Upwork account also with email address email1@mydomain.com and the exact same name as my Upwork, I recieve a notification that the PayPal account can't be verified as "The beneficiary name is mismatched". I don't understand this because a few month's ago I had the exact same Paypal account linked successfully to my Upwork profile as a payment method?? Please guide me how I can get my paypal account verified.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
104 of 450

Hi Alex,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

~ Goran
Upwork
kempalex
Alex K Member Since: Jun 11, 2020
105 of 450

Thank you for your quick response! Will my understanding be correct as you will be reviewing this mismatch and manually matching the Paypal account with my Upwork account based on these information between these 2?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
106 of 450

Hi Alex,

While I can't advise on the specific process, rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors form our end as quickly as possible.

Untitled
ziakri0525
Ma Krizia S Member Since: May 21, 2021
107 of 450

When I try link my Paypal account to my upwork account with the same email address and the same name as my Upwork, I received a notification that the PayPal account can't be verified as "The beneficiary name is mismatched". I don't understand this because I just removed the paypal account today and I had the same exact Paypal account linked successfully to my Upwork profile as a payment method? Please guide me how I can get my paypal account verified.

g_vasilevski
108 of 450

Hi Ma Krizia,

Once you add your PayPal account please allow up to 3 days for the verification on your new payment method to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ziakri0525
Ma Krizia S Member Since: May 21, 2021
109 of 450

But what happens if it still shows "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account?" How can I resolve it?

g_vasilevski
110 of 450

Hi Ma Krizia,

If any additional information is needed our team will reach out to you directly once the verification is completed.
If you're experiencing any problems after 3 days, feel free to follow up here so that we (Moderators) can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS