Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Needed for Freelancers to Update PayPal info

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
111 of 396

Hi Vadim,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Kyrollos S Member Since: Nov 15, 2019
112 of 396

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I checked that both names are the same.

Highlighted
Kevin K Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
113 of 396
I got the same problem. How do I resolve this one?

Got no email for the reason it got limited or any privacy violation or anything at all.

I even verified my paypal account and got no balance to pay or any thing.

Can someone from the support team contact me?

Highlighted
Marina E Member Since: Jun 24, 2020
114 of 396

hi,
i have my own paypal but upwork refuses it as withdraw because the name different although they have same email and full name
have any way to confirm that it belongs to me?? also, how can i talk to customer services and what is thr ticket mean

thanks

Highlighted
Tom L Member Since: May 30, 2015
115 of 396

Having the same issue this morning.

I have been on Upwork since 2008 using Tom Lindsay, my Paypal is Thomas Lindsay.

Please can we get on top of this as we obviously cannot use the Payoneer card now.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
116 of 396

Hi everyone,

When reconnecting your PayPal account you will not be able to withdraw to the account until after a 3-day hold. If you need your funds right away, we recommend that you do not reconnect until after you withdraw those funds. We understand this is an inconvenience so we will not deactivate accounts that have not been reconnected until July 7th, giving you time to plan your withdrawals around this 3-day hold.

If you have received a name mismatch error when reconnecting your PayPal account, rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. To avoid a name mismatch error, you must make sure that your verified name on Upwork matches the name on your PayPal account. If you haven't verified your name yet, to avoid further delay, be sure that your profile name matches the name on your PayPal account.

Untitled
Highlighted
Ilya P Member Since: Feb 20, 2020
117 of 396

Hello all. 

Have the same problem with Paypal.

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

But problem is that I created name Ilya Petrov a long time ago. Added Paypal, but my real name is Ilya Perepelitsa, it's in Paypal. On Upwork I changed name on Ilya Perepelitsa a long time ago and was Successfully verified.

But now Upwork sending to me email that beneficiary name is Ilya Petrov, but it's not correct.

And on Paypal I have russian name, russian language Перепелица Илья Петрович

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Maria P Member Since: Jul 14, 2019
118 of 396

I get a blank page after trying to connect my Upwork account to Paypal. I confirm my Paypal details, and when it tries to redirect me back to Upwork, it stops on a blank page. What to do?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
119 of 396

Hi Maria,

I see you've already submitted a support request about the issue you're having when linking your PayPal account. The team will assist you and help troubleshoot via that request directly as soon as possible. Meanwhile, could you please try linking your account using a different browser?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Maria P Member Since: Jul 14, 2019
120 of 396

It worked, thank you.

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Maria,

I see you've already submitted a support request about the issue you're having when linking your PayPal account. The team will assist you and help troubleshoot via that request directly as soon as possible. Meanwhile, could you please try linking your account using a different browser?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS