cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Needed for Freelancers to Update PayPal info

Robinson P Member Since: May 5, 2017
121 of 402

I miss the upwork from five years ago...

there was skrill as a payment method, it was easier to look for jobs with the famous "connects", well, it seems that Upwork forgets that it deals with independent professionals which we accepted to enter here to look for clients, with so few payment methods available now appears this requirement with Paypal that the name on the account must be the same as in upwork (in paypal I appear as Robinson Fernando Parraga) instead of improving, they do everything the other way around.

Santiago P Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
122 of 402

Hello, as of now, after trying to relink the Upwork and Paypal accounts, the system tells me I have a mismatch in my name and deactivated the link between Paypal and Upwork. I have transfered between the accounts for many months without a problem. Now I don't how to solve this issue since my Paypal account has the same name and actually matches my Upwork account. Anybody knows how I can reach for help?

Thank you.

Santiago Palau

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
123 of 402

And this is yet another reason why many of us do not leave a cent on Upwork once we can take it out.

Been here a very long time and can count over 10 instances were "fund withdrawls" prevented people from withdrawing for a few days. It's beyond lame that telling us AFTER the email went out that we can wait until we get paid next time is lame. Not the mods fault either. Clearly this is one of many more little "updates" that are not "worth announcing" and they hope "no one will notice". Expect more of these to come.

Alexa Vianet G Member Since: Apr 29, 2020
124 of 402

Hello everyone!
As you know, Upwork asked for an information update for freelancers who use paypal as a payment method.
I did what I was asked to do but I currently turn off this payment method because of an error on my behalf, as it was missing my middle name which I had updated in my contact information...
How do I solve this? Paypal is my only payment method, please need help on this!
Thanks a lot

Rinat A Member Since: Sep 27, 2019
125 of 402

Hi Bojan

I have a similar problem when linking payment via paypal.
"Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. "

Perhaps the problem is that my name in PayPal is written in Cyrillic (Ринат Ахунзянов). 

In upwork - Rinat Akhunzyanov

What should I do now?

Nikita A Member Since: Jul 17, 2017
126 of 402

Same issue. Name in Upwork - **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Name in PayPal in Cyrillic - **Edited for Community Guidelines**

And I can't change it in PayPal, because it verifide with local ID in Cyrillic

I sent message to support and waiting for possible solution

Sajeev P Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
127 of 402

Hello  - I am getting the following error my agency profile. Please help me understand what is going on here..

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

Joshua O Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
128 of 402

I did this today as well! I got the "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." 

My name on Upwork is Joshua O and I have a business account on Paypal and my name there is Josh O. Will this delay me?

Dyon L Member Since: Jul 31, 2019
129 of 402
I cannot withdraw my money from the site, it says, there is a error in PayPal. This account has been around for a year and I used to withdraw it without any problems. Why is refusal now? Please solve this problem, thanks.
Andrew V Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
130 of 402

I'm tired of this platform.

1) Why this site is always works so bad? Text chat is loading slow on my PC and loading for MINUTES on my smartphone. Sometimes it not working at all (since Odesk and Elance becomes Upwork! Why you can't finally fix it?)

2) I'm working here since 2013, and ALWAYS using my Paypal account. Today I was waiting to finally receive my earnings, and just in few hours before it pass Pending (I was waiting for 4 days - why it always takes so long?) I've received email saying that my Paypal account removed from withdraw methods because NAME DOES NOT MATCH. For 6 years it was not a problem. Today it becomes a problem. And why my name written in russian on Paypal (because I'm from Russia) should match with my name on english-speaking website?

3) And my final question - I'm paying 20% for all this? For bugs, for horrible performance, for waiting earnings for days and then "your name does not match, talk with our useless bot"?

Can you make "Upwork" actually working? But I guess you'll better rise up fee up to 35% rather than fix your website.