cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Needed for Freelancers to Update PayPal info

sajeevpaul
Sajeev P Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
131 of 458

Hello  - I am getting the following error my agency profile. Please help me understand what is going on here..

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

8ed123f1
Joshua O Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
132 of 458

I did this today as well! I got the "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." 

My name on Upwork is Joshua O and I have a business account on Paypal and my name there is Josh O. Will this delay me?

dyon-leever
Dyon L Member Since: Jul 31, 2019
133 of 458
I cannot withdraw my money from the site, it says, there is a error in PayPal. This account has been around for a year and I used to withdraw it without any problems. Why is refusal now? Please solve this problem, thanks.
andrew_vasiliev
Andrew V Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
134 of 458

I'm tired of this platform.

1) Why this site is always works so bad? Text chat is loading slow on my PC and loading for MINUTES on my smartphone. Sometimes it not working at all (since Odesk and Elance becomes Upwork! Why you can't finally fix it?)

2) I'm working here since 2013, and ALWAYS using my Paypal account. Today I was waiting to finally receive my earnings, and just in few hours before it pass Pending (I was waiting for 4 days - why it always takes so long?) I've received email saying that my Paypal account removed from withdraw methods because NAME DOES NOT MATCH. For 6 years it was not a problem. Today it becomes a problem. And why my name written in russian on Paypal (because I'm from Russia) should match with my name on english-speaking website?

3) And my final question - I'm paying 20% for all this? For bugs, for horrible performance, for waiting earnings for days and then "your name does not match, talk with our useless bot"?

Can you make "Upwork" actually working? But I guess you'll better rise up fee up to 35% rather than fix your website.

huyhoang194
Phung H Member Since: Sep 26, 2017
135 of 458

i don't have Paypal account. I use my husband Paypal to work on Upwork and now i can't get paid. Can i use it because create Paypal account is easy but connect to bank account is difficult in my country.

salembeats
Cuyler S Member Since: Nov 5, 2018
136 of 458

Right on the heels of trying to reduce circumvention, you give people a legitimate gripe which might motivate freelancers to circumvent. Lol. Very easy to imagine those relying entirely on PayPal for payouts asking their clients to pay them directly because they just can't get Upwork to sync properly.

aletecra
Alejandro H Member Since: Jan 5, 2019
137 of 458

It did not work for me. And I did every step! What should I do?

tarrier-design
Keith T Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
138 of 458

Me too

I got the very same things... names do no mismatch. 

It is the VERY same paypal account I have used on Upwork, and perviously eLance since 2010.

It is the VERY same paypal account I just used on May 25th withdraw money from Upwork to Paypal. 

Added to this, all my banking info I added to my account is no longer in there either incase I wanted to withdraw to my bank .

As I use Paypal to pay for my Adobe subscription and websites etc, so I really need Paypal to start working again soon.

mgraybeal
Ace Contributor
Mary G Member Since: Jan 29, 2016
139 of 458
Just got an email purportedly from Upwork saying I was required to ‘update’ my PayPal information with Upwork. Positive it’s a scam. Here is part of the email. Beware!
djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
140 of 458

Hi Mary,

When you originally added PayPal, you were not required to link your account with Upwork. However, to help ensure the safe transfer of your funds, we now ask all freelancers who use PayPal to take this step. I merged your post to the announcement thread so you can refer to this post for more information. The email you're referring to is in relation to this update.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS