cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Needed for Freelancers to Update PayPal info

Highlighted
Melissa D Member Since: Mar 26, 2020
61 of 384

I have the same problem. Funny because the name on my PayPal is exactly the same as here but well. I wrote to support (chat) and they told me there would be a manual revision and they will approve after 1 business day or contact you if they can't confirm the account is yours to ask additional information. So I recommend you to reach out to support.

Highlighted
Alex K Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
62 of 384

Hi. I have the same problem.
Can you write me too?

Highlighted
Claudia C Member Since: Apr 3, 2019
63 of 384

Hi there,

Just like many other freelancers, I'm facing this mismatch problem between my Upwork and PayPal accounts. I have been using a relative's account since my beginnings in Upwork without issues, I live in Venezuela and my only other payment alternative is Payoneer and that is currently down because of the Wirecard´s debacle. That last part also stops me from creating a Paypal account since I need a valid credit card to verify a new account.

The email is exactly in both, but the system does not accept my account since this new verification step has been imposed.

Could you please review this issue for me?

Best Regards,
Claudia Carrillo

Highlighted
Joe D Member Since: Jul 16, 2019
64 of 384

For users who already have an active/current/past PayPal account, like myself, this is an annoying inconvenience.. having just relinked the account, it now indicates 'will become active in 3 days.'

So, 3 extra day delay, for something which already should currently work.

Not acceptable.

Thank goodness I don't need my funds right away.

Don't envy the freelancers who do, and now have to wait extra time to get their payments.

Highlighted
Tina N Member Since: Jun 18, 2018
65 of 384

Hello,

Tonight I received an email from Upwork stating that I need to update my PayPal info and link its account to my Upwork account. Although I already did that when I joined Upwork (it's how I transferred money for the last seven months), I used the link in the mail to connect it again.

However, now my Upwork account is saying that my name is mismatched with PayPal's name or mail. But I use the same email for both accounts, and it's the same name/last name too. I don't understand what's the problem, and I am afraid that I won't be able to withdraw money in the future.

Highlighted
Aleksandra A Member Since: Mar 23, 2020
66 of 384

Hi everyone, I have the exact problem. I got message from Upwork today that I need to connect my PayPal account with Upwork in order to continue using PayPal for payments. When I tried to do that I got this message**Edited for Community Guidelines** It says that the name does not match. My name on Upwork is Aleksandra Aleksic **Edited for Community Guidelines** and my name on PayPal is also Aleksandra Aleksic **Edited for Community Guidelines**. How can I solve this to continue using PayPal? Btw I see that the name that people see on Upwork is Aleksandra A. **Edited for Community Guidelines** is that a problem maybe? Thank you!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Christina S Member Since: Feb 26, 2018
67 of 384

Hello,

I just got this email that I have two pictures of below. They claim that they are from Upwork and they want me to update my PayPal information. I almost did want to click on the link until I found the email address, which turns out to be a scam. Please do not click on this email or the link it is a phishing one. Also please let other people on this site know about this:

**Edited for community guidelines**

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
68 of 384

They aren't spam. They are real emails from Upwork and you need to do this to continue using Paypal with Upwork.  I have had to do this with several other platforms as well.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
69 of 384

When it takes you to Paypal, you do not enter any private information.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
70 of 384

Mary W wrote:

They aren't spam. They are real emails from Upwork and you need to do this to continue using Paypal with Upwork.  I have had to do this with several other platforms as well.

Mary, would you say this might have something to do with with various subscriptions you have have with other vendors? Just curious, as I have several PayPal subscriptions. 

Also, it's fair to say that it would be reassuring to hear from Upwork IN THIS THREAD, as to why we got this email and had to do this. 

Disclaimer: Got the email, went through the motions. I myself had a personal Paypal account, and upgraded it to Business somewhere along the way. Betting Paypal is beefing up security.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS