cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Additional review for new freelancers that want to join Upwork

Aketch S Member Since: Jul 4, 2017
61 of 111
Hello could please help me join up work?
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
62 of 111

Hi Aketch, 

It looks like you still haven't completed your profile. You may want to visit the freelancer resources we have compiled to help you create a great profile and get started on Upwork. 

-Avery
Untitled
Rowland F Member Since: Jul 10, 2017
63 of 111

I have updated my profile, and have resubmitted but still can't get access

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
64 of 111

Hi Rowland, 

I checked your profile and can see that you need to make changes in order to get your profile approved. Please revise both your title and overview to specifically state your skills and/or expertise. You must describe your core skill set so that a client will know if you are a good fit for his or her project.

Once you have done this, please re-submit your profile for review. 

-Avery
Untitled
Oluwatobi O Member Since: Nov 21, 2017
65 of 111

Hello, I Introduced my friend to Upwork over a year ago, but her account hasn't been approved since then. She kept updating  **Edited for Community Guidelines** and even took up certifications and new skills just so she could have her account approved, but the account remains unapproved. At a time, I suggested that the Bot has probably blacklisted her mail and name, and told her to re-register and, but she remains in the dilemma even after deleting the account and re-registering and deleting and re-registering twice, the account remains unverified. The sad part is, now she knows so much information from the upwork community than even I who told her about it, and as much as I am also glad at how she has really developed as a content creator over the same period, I really don't know how else I can help her ensure that she gets a verified account. 

I told her to post these herself, but she doesn't have the "add new topic" button active on her account. All she desires now is to know where she needs to make changes in order to get her profile approved, and she says she'll not give up on upwork as long as she does not knows where else she needs to get it right. I'd be glad if you could please tell me (or mail her) about where else she needs to get it right, just so I have something to pass on to her.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
66 of 111

Hi Oluwatobi,

Unfortunately, we won't be able to comment on your firend's profile status here in the Community. Please, note however that users aren't allowed to create more than one account on Upwork. Your friend can improve and submit her original account for another review, but she should refrain from creating new accounts.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Shubhangi R Member Since: Aug 22, 2017
67 of 111

I am so glad someone had posted a link to this post in an another thread.

My husband seems to be caught in this loop of profile review and getting the same reply from the algorithm.  He has worked in top companies in the US before we recently moved to India a few months back and I know he is super competent. His US employer tried everything to keep him and even offered a job in its India office but my husband has some other plans so he refused. When he went through this Upwork profile submission experiences he was shocked, to say the least, and I started searching here to help him out.

This is his profile:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I would like the community to help figure out some solution since my husband really likes Upwork as a platform. He had once even used it for giving out a project for his dad's company.

(Sorry for the double post, my post got added in between on the 3rd page. I am guessing it's because I pressed reply on some existing comment on that page. I am new to Upwork and the community)

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
68 of 111

Hi Shubhandi,

Unfortunately, we won't be able to discuss the status of your husband's account here in the Community. Please refer him to the notification he sees on his profile. If he has more relevant skills or experiences to add, he can update and resubmit his profile and the team will take another look to see if there is a demand for the new skills. He can also take a few relevant test and adjust his hourly rate. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Tiffany A Member Since: Oct 8, 2017
69 of 111
THANK YOU MR.GARNOR!
Yagnesh P Member Since: Nov 24, 2017
70 of 111
Please review my profile , because I am add all relevant skill I have. I also completed profile to 100% and add all details related to profile and my profession.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS