cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional review for new freelancers that want to join Upwork

Alberto M Member Since: May 4, 2018
101 of 111

Garnor

Thank you. This helps clarify the process. It would be nice to have it posted on the registration time. One feels rejected and starts questioning the service.

From what i read on the post, some people go days without getting reviewed. Has this been improved? Does it take longer than 24 hours to hear from your team?

Is there a way to submit refences like Zip recruter service has?

Thank you.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
102 of 111

I'm sorry the registration process made you feel that way, Alberto. We are always continuing to improve our processes so that we can better service both freelancers and clients that use Upwork. 

When new profiles are submitted or re-submitted for a review, they are reviewed in order they are received. Unfortunately, due to the volume of users applying to join Upwork delays are possible.

We appreciate your patience as your profile is being reviewed.

-Avery
Untitled
Naila A Member Since: May 19, 2018
103 of 111
Upwork community was a good web site
..I need the job proofreading..
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
104 of 111

Hi Naila,

Welcome to Upwork! To start sending proposals, please submit your profile for approval first. You also have to update your profile picture. You profile portrait must be a clear, headshot-style photo. Sunglasses, other individuals, logos, or photos of anything other than your face are not allowed. More photo tips. To add a portrait photo to your profile, go to Find Work > Profile. Also, please check this thread for information about getting started on Upwork. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Ace Contributor
André B Member Since: Aug 20, 2009
105 of 111

Having recently recommended some friends to UpWork, only to have their profiles rejected, I think that there needs to be some transparency in this process. UpWork says that they accept or reject profiles based on the demands of the various categories. My recommendation is that information on demand be made public, so that potential freelancers can make a decision on whether they want to spend time applying. If in fact the decisions are market driven, making this data public will save time and reduce disappointment, while also attracting talent to needed categories.

I also saw reference to skills and experience. If the rejection isn't because their isn't demand for a skill, but because the individual applying lacks experience, then in the name of transparency, explain that.

--
Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect
Erick E Member Since: Jun 27, 2018
106 of 111
Para mi seria un gusto ser parte de upwork deciandoles lo mejor en sus proyectos
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
107 of 111

Hello Eric, 

Kindly state your concern in English for us to further assist you.

Thank you

Untitled
Amrik S Member Since: Aug 20, 2018
108 of 111

Financial transactions for Jagjit **Edited for Community Guidelines**(636840) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support

I am seeing this message, Could you fax this.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
109 of 111

Hi Amrik,

Our team has already reached out to you with detailed instructions on how to solve this via ticket. If you have any questions feel free to post them on your ticket, our team will assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

Untitled
Community Guru
Gerald S Member Since: Apr 1, 2018
110 of 111

I am pleased by this, mainly due to the fact I recently found a profile that has mockup projects from mockup warehouses and stolen artowrk from quailified designers. A review of work presented and skills is the perfect way to hopefully ensure that a freelancer is actually good at their craft. Me being a graphic designer and having a client email me that such and such "freelancer" created a junk logo and would I be willing to take on their project. Is there a way you can also limit the lowest price clients can use? I hate getting invits for logo jobs paying $15, it's annoying! Not in my portfolio is a $55,000 identity redesign project for a city, so getting $15 invites sucks.

Take out the trash I say, Take out the trash!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS