cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional review for new freelancers that want to join Upwork

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
71 of 111

Hi Yagnesh,

Your profile has been accepted. You can go to Settings > Membership and chose one of our plans and start applying on projects.

Happy UpWorking!

Untitled
Ashish P Member Since: Dec 5, 2017
72 of 111

Hi,
Can you please take a look at the profile of my friend. He is trying to get approved, has completed the profile too 100%, added experience of his works in form of protects and Job history and also given relevant skill tests. But still his profile is not being accepted.
Can you suggest the reason for the same andsuggest steps that could be taken by him to improve his profile, like learning which skills which are in demand at Upwork, to get approved.
The link to his profile is
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
73 of 111

Hi Ashish,

While we can't comment on another user's account status here in the Community, in general when someone registers to join Upwork we carefully review their profile to determine whether there is sufficient need for their skills and experience. Unfortunately, at times there are enough freelancers with a particular skillset in the marketplace and we do not accept the registration.

Additionally, Upwork publishes a quarterly skills index that gives some insight into the fastest-growing freelance skills. Check out the latest one here.

~ Valeria
Untitled
74 of 111
Hi Valeria,
I completely understand your point about enough freelancers for a skill and have also gone through the blog post you shared.
But to my dismay, my friend is having the skills referred to by your company in the blog post as fastest growing skills like angularjs and react js and is still getting rejected.
Thus I just want to know, what do you suggest should for him that he should forget about working with Upwork as Upwork won't be accepting his profile even though he has the skills you have mentioned as top growing skills and has even given tests and experience to prove the same or should he be reapplying his profile for approval and you shall consider him for the same.
~Ashish
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
75 of 111

Hi Ashish,

As Valeria described, when someone registers to join Upwork we carefully review their profile to determine whether there is sufficient need for their skills and experience. Unfortunately, at times there are enough freelancers with a particular skillset/experience in the marketplace (including the fastest-growing skills) and we do not accept the registration. Your friend can update their profile in the future as they gain more experience and our team will take another look and notify them if their profile gets approved.

76 of 111
Hi Valadimir,
Would he have to update his current profile with the new skills that he learn or would he have to delete his current profile and create new one with new skills.
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
77 of 111

Hi Ashish,

They would need to update the current one since users are allowed to create only one account on Upwork.

Akhilesh R Member Since: Mar 10, 2017
78 of 111
My upwork I'd is suspended, so please activate my upwork account.
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
79 of 111

Hi Akhilesh, 

I checked your account and do not see any suspension. Are you referring to your Agency/Company?

-Avery
Untitled
Abu J Member Since: Jan 4, 2018
80 of 111

please, pardon me. I have mistaken something.