cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional review for new freelancers that want to join Upwork

Abu J Member Since: Jan 4, 2018
81 of 111
1) At first, thanks upwork for giving me a chance to prove myself as an efficient freelancer and that I may become an asset to you.I was busy for a month traveling to India taking my father to a hospital in India. So I couldn't utilize my time on upwork properly. That's why my id became private. To find a work immediately on upwork to make it public, I bidded on several proposals randomly. I am extremely sorry for my immature work that I bidded too highly. 
As I have taken freelancing as my only profession I am too much frustrated as I have lost my id. So please, accept my appeal and give me another chance to prove that I am used to you. And that my freelancing career not ruined.
Thanks.

2) Here,I attach some of my certificates of my graduation and basic computer skills:
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
82 of 111

Hi Abu,

I checked and I can confirm that your freelancer profile is active and not suspended. Please log in to your account and check. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Abu J Member Since: Jan 4, 2018
83 of 111

thanks 

Kieran K Member Since: Feb 9, 2018
84 of 111
I’ve got 15+ years industry/design experience and signed up and just secured my first client and due to start the project Monday.

I think this review is a bit of a joke to be honest and is almost about to turn me off the site especially as you’ll be making a fortune out of link minded creatives and their backgrounds and experience.

Kudos for the site but you wouldn’t get this ‘freeze and review’ approach off of air b n b or other service provider that rely on their talent pool for revenue.

Disappointed so far in lack of customer service or online chat Portal to fix this too.

RSVP UPWORK

CHEERS
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
85 of 111

Hi Kieran,

I believe you are referring to video verification. We intend to verify all freelancer accounts on Upwork. Unfortunately, it's a step we have to take to identify fake profiles and make sure honest freelancers are highlighted and able to reach success on the platform. Also, note that you can still work on any active contracts you have. You just won't be able to submit new proposals until you verify your profile using this link.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Mahmoud M Member Since: Mar 2, 2018
86 of 111

All ,

I would like to have my own agency with my wife but she has been rejected several times despite the fact that her skill set is quite strong and at expert level. From what i ve read on the community here - even if i make an agency account that doesnt mean she will be able to bypass the individual freelancer profile process , which as i see ,is more automated than not, hence it will result in me setting up an agency only to be unable to add her as team member. 

While we understand the logic behind the new approval process it does in fact completely ignore a human factor which is personality,aside from specific skillset,  personality factor which has shown to make it or brake it in a customer freelancer engagement and we are ,both freelancer and client , emotionally driven beings.

Would like to understand how we can work as a team without having to run through quite a few hiccups after the agency setup? Should i invite her instead as a new member on Upwork or ?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
87 of 111

Hi Mahmoud,

Our review process for new freelancers is not automated, we have a team that is reviewing each application. Please note only a small percentage of freelancers have their registration accepted upon resubmission. We accept new freelancers based on the demand in the marketplace, which varies over months (not days). Having a complete profile helps us determine if there is a sufficient demand for her skills and experience, but does not guarantee admittance.

Untitled
88 of 111

So i understand right , her not being accepted as a freelancer on upwork now means that  i cannot have her added up on my team within an agency until she gets approved as an individual freelancer  , is that right ?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
89 of 111

Hi Mahmoud,

You can invite your wife as an exclusive member to your agency. She will be able to work only on projects awarded to her from the agency but wont be able to bid on projects as a freelancer, thank you.

Untitled
90 of 111

Thank you , much appreciated . Apparently when I try to use my local Egyptian visa card for payment (which i aim to use to setup the agency account membership payment ) it tells me "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank" .Now the question is - am I allowed to use my wife s paypal or bak account (EU) or would that be in breach of Upwork s T&C's? 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS