cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Addressing accounts that don’t show work activity

Mohamed A Member Since: Dec 21, 2017
121 of 129

Suggestions due to not killing freelancers :--

1- There is many fake (unserious clients) Proposals.

2- Before suspend please send 3 to 5 warning to freelancers.

3- Limit the send proposals quantity; for ex: send only 3 or 5 proposals per days.

4- You can suspend freelancers for 1 to 3 months only. not for life time permanent suspend.

5- Reduce 60 connects to 50 connects.

Weena B Member Since: Jul 6, 2017
122 of 129

I know someone who is just starting in Upwork. He said he only submitted 5 proposals but he got this notification that his account was suspended indefinitely. How can he start/build a career in Upwork when he was just starting and he was already suspended?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
123 of 129

Hi Weena,

I`m sorry to hear this,  unfortunately we can`t discuss details for another user. You can advice your friend to contact us and we will assist him further, he can also check his ticket section on this Link.

Untitled
Evans C Member Since: May 22, 2018
124 of 129
Lol! Got this on a shock! I had worked on establishing my profile and I had done like 4 successful project and all of a sudden I got the notification...on trying to reach on them...they could not even consider my reasons....

I wish they had notified me earlier enough and gave me a warning coz I was planning a full time work in upwork in months to come..I could bid and put my price high enough intentionally so that my account is active until I was ready to work!
But unfortunately it was closed up indefinitely...

I am asking the community.... Is there a way I can get back my account or its all over??
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
125 of 129

Hello Evans,

I just checked your account and I could see that our team representative reached out to you regarding this issue. Kindly check your email inbox or check it directly here for more information. You may send an appeal to the email address provided in the ticket our team representative sent to you. Thank you!

Untitled
Evans C Member Since: May 22, 2018
126 of 129
Lol! Got this on a shock! I had worked on establishing my profile and I had done like 4 successful project and all of a sudden I got the notification...on trying to reach on them...they could not even consider my reasons....

I wish they had notified me earlier enough and gave me a warning coz I was planning a full time work in upwork in months to come..I could bid and put my price high enough intentionally so that my account is active until I was ready to work!
But unfortunately it was closed up indefinitely...

I am asking the community.... Is there a way I can get back my account or its all over??
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
127 of 129

@Evans C wrote:
....I had worked on establishing my profile and I had done like 4 successful project and all of a sudden I got the notification...on trying to reach on them...they could not even consider my reasons....

Evans,

Not sure what “they” you mean. When an account is hidden from search for inactivity, it’s a painless, all-but-automatic process to ask CS to unhide it, and it’s done within a day or so. No “reasons” needed.

Sorry, I was addressing a different situation that could also be described by this topic heading.

Best,

Michael

Highlighted
Badar N Member Since: Aug 1, 2017
128 of 129

My account got suspended due to unsucessful excessive bids. Can I get to know how Long suspension of accounts lasts for?

What should I do to take my account back to the normal?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
129 of 129

Hi Badar, 

The team will reach out to you through a new ticket regarding the suspension on your account. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS