cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addressing accounts that don’t show work activity

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
91 of 129

Hi Patrick,

Please note that Jennifer is a client, which you can see by looking at her posts.

Following up on my message from a different thread, I'd like to inform you that making personal attacks in the Community is a violation of Community Guidelines and would like to kindly ask you again to keep in mind our guidelines when posting in the forums.

Finally, please refer to the opening post on this thread in order to learn more about the activity addressed by this effort, which is affecting a small percentage of freelancers on our platform.  

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
92 of 129

Vladimir G. stated: 

Hi Patrick,

Please note that Jennifer is a client, which you can see by looking at her posts.

Following up on my message from a different thread, I'd like to inform you that making personal attacks in the Community is a violation of Community Guidelines and would like to kindly ask you again to keep in mind our guidelines when posting in the forums.

Finally, please refer to the opening post on this thread in order to learn more about the activity addressed by this effort, which is affecting a small percentage of freelancers on our platform.  

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Vladimir I just gave you a kudo for this but would have given you 10 if I could have.  Woman Wink

Sergey K Member Since: Feb 17, 2017
93 of 129

Hi.

(Un)fortunately I have no time to read or write on the forum but recent changes make me follow the announcements more carefully.

At first, my friend got blocked. I wrote to the support by myself to understand the situation, they gave me a link to anonymous request for my friend. He wrote there and got standard response, the same he received right after blocking. Don't think someone reviewed his request. Is it possible to recheck his situation?

Is it possible to back for the blocked users after some time?

Another question. I work in multiple places and there may be idle in Upwork account for 1-2 years or more. Can I be blocked in such situation?

I understand why you do all these blocks more or less but it's to aggressive imho.

Thanks!

Davor S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
94 of 129

@Garnor M wrote:

• If you don’t regularly submit proposals, but you’re continuing to work with clients on Upwork and get paid on Upwork, you’re fine.
  • If you occasionally submit proposals and win a project here-and-there, you’re fine too.
  • And if you’re regularly submitting proposals, regularly winning new projects and getting paid on Upwork, you’re doing great!

Ok what about case like this one?

If I actively working for the same client last 18th months (getting paid on Upwork) and in the meantime I regularly submitting proposals (which I think it's a normal thing to search for 'better/more paid' job while you're working on the curent job) BUT without winning any new projects.

To be honest I didn't know anything about this until my friend was suspended few days ago so now I'm worried am I in danger and should I stop submitting new proposals until I finish job for my curent client?

Best

Davor

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
95 of 129

Hi Davor,

If you are actively working with a client on Upwork and receive payments through Upwork, you shouldn't be affected by this program.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Atiq U Member Since: May 21, 2017
96 of 129

Hey Garnor, I applied on 35 Jobs and got only 3 projects and 2 interviews. Is that ok or too much low, ?

If anyone can guide me I will be thankful Smiley Happy 

#StayBlessed

97 of 129

Hi Atiq,

Note that the hiring ratio is not the only factor we look at when identifying unsuccessful freelancers. Please check the opening post for more details and make sure you're submitting custom proposals to jobs that perfectly fit your skill set.

Bhagwati D Member Since: May 25, 2017
98 of 129

Hello Garnor

Greetings

This Message is my answer to your email sent to me regarding the suspension of my upwork account. According to your email, my ID (Bhagwati Rani) has been suspended due to high number of bids without any hiring.

I want to let you know that I have not bided for a large number of projects, rather I have just bid 5 to 10 times in the last month, which I believe is a normal number. Moreover I have not been hired doesn’t mean that I don’t possess the required skills.

Previously I was a top rated freelancer on Upwork, but due to some misunderstanding Upwork has suspended my account however it was reopened later on, as I was not at fault. It was due to the suspension of my ID that my success score was dropped from top rated 100 to 89. The drop in my success rate is now becoming one of the Biggest problems in my hiring.

You must be aware of the fact that client interview a large number of freelancers however they don’t hire anyone as they want to work outside upwork with the freelancer. I too got an offer from a client to work out of upwork but I don’t indulge in such activities as I believe it is not a safe option. Thus I believe this is the reason why I am not getting hired frequently.

Moreover the jobs that are posted usually are 5 to 10 hours ago and this is the reason my bidding is often not seen by the client and further they don’t show any interest.

You can check my last month record, as I have successfully completed one project on this ID and the same client is going to rehire me in this month for SEO work for his new website. You can even check my message with the client on upwork. There are two more clients whom I am discussing projects. Their website is under development and they are going to hire me once their website is complete.

Apart from the clarifications, you people can check my profile. I am a top rated SEO expert on Upwork. The success score of my ID has been increased from 78 to 88 and in small time I would be top rated freelancer again.

I have worked for 1800 plus hours on this ID and my past clients are all extremely happy with my services. They have given me good feedback and have left 5 star reviews.

I earn my bread and butter from upwork as it is my only source of income. If you people suspend my ID just for a small reason, how will I earn? This is my request to the Upwork team to reopen my ID so that I can start working on this portal again as within a week two of my clients are going to hire me. With my Id remaining suspended, they won’t be able to hire me. I trust Upwork platform and this was the reason I have left my job to work as a freelancer. I have had a good experience previously and I believe in maintaining great relationships.

Note: you can check my Google certification snapshot.

Thanks
Bhagwati

99 of 129

Hi Bhagwati,

Can you please clarify if you're referring to a different account, since the one you're posting from is not suspended but is required to undergo profile verification?

Bhagwati D Member Since: May 25, 2017
100 of 129

Hello Vlaimir

Thanks for your quick responce and The Upwork ID: **Edited for Community Guidelines**  I am talking about has been suspended and this is the reason I am messaging you from one of my other Active ID’s. that was my sisterin law upwork profile.

please check her profile and reactive her profile because she was top rated freelancer and she has work more than 2000+ and almost all the clients was happy with her work. The main thing is upwork is the only sourse of her income. Please check her profile and let me know what you can do for her.

Thanks

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS