cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addressing accounts that don’t show work activity

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
101 of 129

Hi Bhagwati,

Our team already communicated with the owner of the account you shared, and responded to the subsequent appeal the freelancer submitted. Note that Upwork ToS prohibits users from creating duplicate accounts or logging into other user's accounts.Bhagwati

Md Nafiul H Member Since: Apr 27, 2016
102 of 129

Hi,
I have a question. 

I have earned over 10K in Upwork and I am a TOP RATED Freelancer over a year.

Now my question is...

Suppose I am bidding whole month and I am using my all connects but after a month if i didn't get any job then is upwork remove my account?  is it?

I am curious about it if anyone can give me the answer that would be great. 

Thanks 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
103 of 129

re: "I am talking about has been suspended and this is the reason I am messaging you from one of my other Active ID’s. that was my sisterin law upwork profile."

Yeah... you can't do that. You're all going to end up suspended if you keep using each other's accounts like this. The whole family.

Anna Liza B Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
104 of 129

I don't know what is a small number but my first reaction was "OMG, scaryWoman Indifferent!". I hope I stay safe from this account suspension thing. Kinda nervous though. Woman Sad

Fahad S Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
105 of 129

I must say this is a strong but necessary step taken by UpWork. It is also extremely scary. I've spent years on this platform. Trying to deliver quality and making sure my client never goes unsatisfied but now each project I bid for I am scared will be the reason I'll be banned for.

I think just like the Top Rated Program has the eligibility time period (16 or no weeks) if we could have a time period for which we are exempted from this action would be extremely helpful.

Also a couple of questions.

1- Does the top rated program affect this in any way?

2- If I buy the premium package for connects will that affect this in any way?

3- How does this initiative affect agencies. If I am a freelancer and I work under or own an agency. Will the agency get banned or not for excessive bidding and in result will I get banned or not.

4- Does the Social Impact Program affect this in any way?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
106 of 129

Hi Fahad,

As a Top Rated freelancer, you have nothing to worry about at the moment. Being Top Rated means that you are active and successful on the platform so you will not be affected by this program.

A whole agency will not be affected by this program but an account of a freelancer who is a member of an agency may still be reviewed and put on hold if they don't show work activity. 

Having a Plus Membership and Social Impact Program will not have any affect on this program.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Fahad S Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
107 of 129

Thank you very much for the prompt response. Clears out so many doubts.

Community Leader
Manish G Member Since: Oct 19, 2015
108 of 129

I also submit lots of proposals, should i be concerned also ?

As there are numerous number of proposals being submitted on most projects ( competition ) and so sometime i get hired by submitting around 5-20 proposals and sometime it can take 40-60 proposals.   

Ace Contributor
Alya U Member Since: Jun 11, 2017
109 of 129

I hope not; you're doing so well here!

Community Leader
Manish G Member Since: Oct 19, 2015
110 of 129

Thanks Alya U  Smiley Happy

Yeah i also think my work history is fine , but i am not sure still can submitting lots of proposals can be an issue, as i keep on submitting until i am full with the amount of work i need. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS