Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
11 of 129

Doing my Happy Dance.

Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
12 of 129

Meh.

On the "client side", we still have the likes of...

Activity on this Job

Proposals: More than 50

Last Viewed by Client: 1 month ago

Interviewing: 78

Invites Sent: 439

Unanswered Invites: 202

Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
13 of 129

Yes, folks; we're pulling out all the stops to put an end to this nonsense .... except for our "valued clients", of course...

Activity on this Job

Last Viewed by Client: 2 months ago

Unanswered Invites: 200

Community Guru
Maria Marilyn M Member Since: Oct 27, 2010
14 of 129

@Gerry S wrote:

Meh.

On the "client side", we still have the likes of...

Activity on this Job

Last Viewed by Client: 1 month ago

Unanswered Invites: 202

Upwork should also look into client accounts with no history or little history of hiring and paying through the site. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 129

Hi Maria Marilyn and Gerry,

We do have systems in place to check both client and freelancer accounts to make sure they are not violating our Terms of Service and take action on accounts as needed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Maria Marilyn M Member Since: Oct 27, 2010
16 of 129

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Maria Marilyn and Gerry,

We do have systems in place to check both client and freelancer accounts to make sure they are not violating our Terms of Service and take action on accounts as needed.

I see. That's good to know. 

Vladimir Z Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
17 of 129

Now you can get banned for searching for a job too actively. Awesome!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 129

Hi Vladimir,

We don't intend to close accounts of freelancers who actively search for jobs on Upwork and send well-written successful proposals to jobs. However, a history of failing to deliver winning proposals may mean either that the opportunities available on Upwork are not a good match for the freelancer’s skillset or they might be violating our Terms of Service, specifically our policies on circumvention.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Sergiy P Member Since: Jul 24, 2017
19 of 129

Hi Valeria,

You think you don't, but you actually do suspend accounts of freelancers that are willing work. You are not concidering fake job posts or posts where client doesn't even bother to close the job proposal after hiring someone. Also you are not concidering young freelancers that are trying to find their first job, but it is EXTREMELY HARD to find a job without a rate. So young designer keeps on sending more and more proposals and FINALLY — the first job, good feedback, another successful job. And then suddenly an email "Your account was suspended"! Awesome story. Does all of you freelancers were born Gurus? I doubt it. And what's the point in giving certain amount of connects if you ban freelancers for using them?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
20 of 129

Hi Sergiy,

Please note that I've removed your most recent post since we don't allow reposting deleted comments or content, nor can we discuss other users' account issues here.

I understand your frustration but will reiterate that number of submitted proposals is not the only factor taken into account with this initiative.