cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addressing accounts that don’t show work activity

Dmitry M Member Since: Jan 29, 2017
71 of 129

Hello. 

And I had a lot of questions on this topic.

I'm on this site recently. I love working here, and I'm almost ready to move on a permanent basis, but here is the update. And now I'm scary because I can't get a job. I have been doing design for over 5 years, and I am 100% sure that can perform the work for which send proposals. But:

1. How about those jobs, where in General no one hired? Doing a bit analytics, I got this result: Of the 20 jobs on average 10 - 15 remains without a single recruitment. The client simply disappeared, even did not choose. 

2. Is there a high chance to get banned, if I passed the qualification tests, a high-quality portfolio, some of the work performed?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
72 of 129

Hi Dmitry,

It looks like you have completed quite a few jobs since you registered on Upwork and have a nice portfolio. That means that your proposals are successful and you are very unlikely to be suspended due to this program.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
73 of 129

I think this policy is much more about reducing the numbers of freelancers and clients who:

- are outright scoundrels

- really don't belong here based on their abilities and potential 

...I don't think this is about penalizing sincere legitimate freelancers and clients who are simply in a slump.

Hema B Member Since: Mar 25, 2016
74 of 129

Hello Garnor M

Its a great step and i really appreciate it, but is there any possibility to active the close profile because my friend just got message from upwork that her upwork profile is suspended due to not getting jobs and high numbers of biding.
She was good freelancer so if there is anything to help her to get her profile Back then it will be very helpfull.

I hope good responce from your side

Thanks

Hema Bisht
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
75 of 129

Hema:

You can't ask for help on behalf of another freelancer like this.

If your friend wants help or has a question, she has to be the one to ask.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
76 of 129

Hi Hema,

Please, refer your friend to the ticket she should have about this issue. If appeal is available, the team would have notified her about it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to share information about her account suspension here in the public Community.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Aminah N Member Since: Apr 18, 2015
77 of 129

Hi, Valeria.

What Upwork means with a small portion seems to be like 40%, because around November 2016 I saw 4.400.000~ freelancers but now it's only 2.600.000~. 

I totally agree with this policy since I understand currently there is too many freelancers and it's causing a lot of live site's down time, but can I request some things? If and just if Upwork will be willing to inform that, for example, the small set of freelancers you are suspending are freelancers with total earning below $5k, that will be awesome.

To be honest, I am afraid to raise my rate because of this. One of the strategies of raising our rate is by first having a long term contract to be safe and then apply with a higher rate but lower conversion rate (hire rate). If I am not allowed to drop my conversion rate, then I'd prefer to offer cheap as long as they hire me, which Upwork doesn't want to, right?

What Upwork wants from this policy is to raise the rate, but it can also drop the rate instead.

Thanks,
Ami

Ace Contributor
Patrick S Member Since: May 9, 2016
78 of 129

Make money for us = You are welcome !

Not making money for us = Please leave the site !

Great concept.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
79 of 129

@Patrick S wrote:

Make money for us = You are welcome !

Not making money for us = Please leave the site !

Great concept.

It's actually a very basic concept that we all use when dealing with our prospects, like for instance when we refuse to work with clients for cheap.

I don't really see the point for Upwork keeping on board those who earn no money to the company.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Ace Contributor
Patrick S Member Since: May 9, 2016
80 of 129

So you mean people who have medical issues and several other issues and cannot work for UpWork for a certain period of time should be thrown out ? The example you described is nothing to do with what I said. It's your choice if you don't want to work for your client.

But since UpWork claims that its a "freelance site" they should allow everyone to be here, and not just the ones who are making money.

Of course your number of posts show that you are busy building community reputation to become a mod, that's why you are supporting everything they say. )))

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS