cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing New Perks and Requirements for our Top Rated Community

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
31 of 263

TU @ Michael - who is one of the top editors (if not the top one in certain areas) of any editor who has ever been on E / oD / U.

The tests are simply not well done and, as such, are no more indicative of ability, competency or intelligence than any other standardized test ... and look at what the stress on test results has done to the US academic profile over the last 15 or so years.  TANKED it.

Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
32 of 263

@Joao A wrote:

Hi Katrina,

First of all thanks for noticing my opinion.

Regarding other criterias that would help to define even better the Top Rated program I would go probably for more earnings per year (3k+ $ for example) and the average of the tests a freelancer did (in his area of expertise) should be really high. Something between 4.00~4.20

Being Top Rated means being at the top, not just being "good enough".

Best Regards,

João almeida

I agree with the earnings, but not with the tests.

Ace Contributor
Atifa I Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
33 of 263

Well Joao I slightly differ in my opinion. The excellence of a freelancer should not be judged by his earnings. what is important is consistency and quality. There are times when you just do not take  projects because they are not good enough. tests is a completely different field. It is good to do tests, but they should not be a criteria for being top rated

Community Guru
Claudia Z Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
34 of 263

@Lena E wrote:
  • Removing a contract’s ratings to exercise more control over your Job Success score. As a Top Rated freelancer or agency, you can request to remove one job’s ratings from your account. The client’s public 5-star rating and comment (if any) will be hidden from your profile, and the contract will be excluded from your Job Success score.This perk can be exercised once every 10 jobs and at most once every 3 months.

How do you reflect in my profile or anyone else who never had a rating/feedback changed or hidden?

How do clients know if a freelancer's activity is hidden/manipulated or not?

Community Guru
Claudia Z Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
36 of 263

@Kevin C wrote:

If you choose to remove a feedback score, on your profile it will say "This feedback has been removed by the freelancer."

Thank you Kevin, I dont want any feedback removed from my profile.

I was concerned its another option given to hide stuff under the mattress without leaving any trace.

Top Rated Manager
Katrina B Top Rated Manager Member Since: Sep 3, 2013
36 of 263

Hi Claudia,

If you choose to remove a feedback score, on your profile it will say "This feedback has been removed by the freelancer."

Katrina

Untitled
Ace Contributor
Dawn H Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
37 of 263

Thank you for this information, Lena!  I would like to exericse this feature right away:  Removing a contract’s ratings to exercise more control over your Job Success score. As a Top Rated freelancer or agency, you can request to remove one job’s ratings from your account. The client’s public 5-star rating and comment (if any) will be hidden from your profile, and the contract will be excluded from your Job Success score.This perk can be exercised once every 10 jobs and at most once every 3 months.

How do I go about removing a contract's ratings?

All the best!

Top Rated Manager
Katrina B Top Rated Manager Member Since: Sep 3, 2013
38 of 263

Hi Dawn,

Please email freelancersuccess@upwork.com and tell us the contract you'd like to remove.

Katrina

Untitled
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
41 of 263

Every provider will want to throw things at me but, IMHO, allowing providers (of any rating) to remove feedback is a total contradiction with any claim for honesty and transparency.

Since U continues the less than transparent tactic of hidden feedback - which would actually benefit providers from seeing - the option to remove feedback seems to me be far less than honest to the buyers.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
41 of 263

I have a question related to 'Removing a contract’s ratings to exercise more control over your Job Success score.'

Can this be applied to a job that was closed with no feedback from the client? We know that jobs without feedback have a negative effect on JS, so it would be nice to be able to neutralize the negative effect of one of these, and furthermore, Wendy's objection that removing feedback contradicts honesty & transparency would not apply.