Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Guru
411 Posts

Re: Announcing New Perks and Requirements for our Top Rated Community

[ Edited ]

Lena E wrote:

Hi Anton, 

Yes, if you already have 10 jobs you can remove feedback. However, you cannot have an open job removed from your Job Success score. Jobs must be closed before doing so. 

You can remove feedback once every 10 jobs and this benefit can only be used once every 3 months. Find more information in our help article here.

-Lena

Lena,

does "once every 3 months" mean that once you use it, you have to wait 3 months before using it again vs "once in a set 3 month time period" ?  If it's the former, can I make a suggestion? Some of us (me) complete more than 10 jobs in a one month time period, never mind 3 months.... So I could very well complete 30-50 jobs in 3 months. I could have a "minorly" bad client that doesn't destroy my JSS but lowers it. I would probably not use it for that client wanting to save it for a "much worse" one. For those of us who do so many short term jobs, it would be more beneficial to say "you can delete one job per quarter".  This way....at the end of 3 months, I can decide which one to remove instead of always being scared to use it fearing there will be a worse job coming soon. That's kind of how it is when you continously take on new clients....  

I may never use it otherwise because I would hate to use it for a job that only docked me 1-2% when I know I could have one that docks me much more than that in the future.

18,831 Posts

Hi Jessica,

To clarify, if you remove a job from your account, you will need to wait 3 months before you can remove another job. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
411 Posts

This is great, thanks!

Small question....

If we get 5 star public feedback, yet our JSS drops ... And we had multiple contracts.... How will we know which contract to remove if the drop was due to low private feedback and we don't know which client gave it? 

Community Manager
1,698 Posts

[ Edited ]

Jessica,

We can't offer guidance on which feedback to remove from your JSS. I would suggest with all jobs communicate as much as you can with your client to make sure you both agree on the end product.  In cases where things go awry or you have a feeling a specific job may have had an impact on your score, contact CS and they will help you with the process of removal.

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
12,649 Posts

Thanks for announcing this Lena!

I want to take advantage of removing a low score. I read your post but don't see the instructions. Is it just contact support? What kind of info do they need to process my request?

Top Rated Manager
35 Posts

Hi Jennifer, please email freelancersuccess@upwork.com to take advantage of removing a job from your score and feedback.

Thanks!

Katrina

Untitled
Community Guru
12,649 Posts

Katrina B wrote:

Hi Jennifer, please email freelancersuccess@upwork.com to take advantage of removing a job from your score and feedback.

Thanks!

Katrina

Done! Thanks! 

Community Guru
2,463 Posts

Can you let us know how (or if) it worked, Jennifer?

Community Guru
12,649 Posts

Virginia F wrote:

Can you let us know how (or if) it worked, Jennifer?

Will report back! I just emailed them, so we'll see what happens. 

Ace Contributor
63 Posts

Hi Lena will removing no feedback jobs give any benefit  to the freelancer.