cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing New Perks and Requirements for our Top Rated Community

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
251 of 263

Hi Gerry,

If you are referring to Recommended jobs, you can also find them by going to your Find Jobs tab and clicking "Recommended" on the left.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
252 of 263
Gerry,

Upwork's "recommended jobs" are widely deemed off-target. You are better off using the search function to structure queries for individualized feeds. In my experience, even the default feed is better than Upwork's recommendations.

Best,
Michael
Community Guru
Steve B Member Since: Jul 1, 2015
253 of 263

Douglas is correct -- Upwork's "recommended jobs" is way off target.  I have never received a recommended job email which contains a job which pertains to my expertise and offered services. 

I disabled the feature, but they still send one once in a while, and it's always WAY off.  The recommendations are so bad, I've come to view them as a source of entertainment. 

Something is badly broken at Upwork re: this "helpful" service.  Not just a little bit broken, i'm talking miltary-level FUBAR broken!  They get a lot of other things right, so we forgive themSmiley Happy

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
254 of 263

It always seems to me the recommended ones are low quality jobs no one wants, and that's why we get the notifications. Nobody is bidding on them, so Upwork is trying to push providers to bid. 

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
255 of 263

I wondered about that myself - the ones I've received so far have been in the $5-10 range. Yeah, I'm gonna jump all over that. Delete, delete, delete, delete.

What's really funny is how excited they are to tell you that this $5 job was just listed. Act now!

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
256 of 263

@Virginia F wrote:

I wondered about that myself - the ones I've received so far have been in the $5-10 range. Yeah, I'm gonna jump all over that. Delete, delete, delete, delete.

What's really funny is how excited they are to tell you that this $5 job was just listed. Act now!

lol yeah I do lol at "act now" too.

But I think the jobs are inherently bad because they aren't getting the attention that the better jobs get, so Upwork is sending an email to get people to bid. That's my theory anyway and why they are usually pretty bad offers. 

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
257 of 263
As you suggested elsewhere, Jen, Upwork would do better by these clients if it took stale jobs as an opportunity for client education. It makes no sense to claim your remainder table is piled with hot-off-the-press best sellers.
Navneet N Member Since: Aug 26, 2016
258 of 263

I have the same isssue I maintain the top rated success continuesly for 13 weeks out of 16. But stills I am showing 88% job success. Can you please explain me little more about me for this 13 weeks policy.

Regards

Alexander S Member Since: May 7, 2015
259 of 263

My JSS is 100% and I maintain the score continuesly for 13 weeks out of 16. Could you explain why don't I have the Top Rated badge?

Regards

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
260 of 263

@Alexander S wrote:

My JSS is 100% and I maintain the score continuesly for 13 weeks out of 16. Could you explain why don't I have the Top Rated badge?

Regards

You must also reach the $1000 target. Up your rates!  Smiley Happy

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS