Announcing New Perks and Requirements for our Top Rated Community

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Power Member
23 Posts

Re: Announcing New Perks and Requirements for our Top Rated Community

Lena,

I've sent three requests thus far asking for a job rating to be removed as a perk of a Top-Rated contractor, and I have yet to hear anything from the Upwork department who handles this.  How would I follow up and make sure they've received my request?  When I send a message to Support, I always receive a reply that the request has been received and that it is being worked on, but with this, I've received nothing after three messages to the appropriate e-mail address.

Thanks!

Dawn Hamilton

Top Rated Manager
35 Posts

Hi Dawn,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you! We're working through all the requests right now.

I'll respond to yours in just a minute.

Thanks!

Katrina

Untitled
1 Posts

Thanks

Ace Contributor
27 Posts

[ Edited ]

I like the feature of being able to remove a job from profile/jss calculations for each 10 jobs you do each 3 months.

I think adding the requirement of having Top Rated Score 13 of 16 weeks to have the badge seems perfectly fine. Unfortunately, I think more requirments should be added to ensure even more the quality of the freelancers that deserve/have this badge.

Top Rated Manager
35 Posts

Hi Joao, 

Thank you for your feedback!

We're open to suggestions.  What other criteria would you like to see added to the requirements?

Katrina

Untitled
Ace Contributor
27 Posts

Hi Katrina,

First of all thanks for noticing my opinion.

Regarding other criterias that would help to define even better the Top Rated program I would go probably for more earnings per year (3k+ $ for example) and the average of the tests a freelancer did (in his area of expertise) should be really high. Something between 4.00~4.20

Being Top Rated means being at the top, not just being "good enough".

Best Regards,

João almeida

Community Guru
312 Posts

Joao A wrote:

Hi Katrina,

First of all thanks for noticing my opinion.

Regarding other criterias that would help to define even better the Top Rated program I would go probably for more earnings per year (3k+ $ for example) and the average of the tests a freelancer did (in his area of expertise) should be really high. Something between 4.00~4.20

Being Top Rated means being at the top, not just being "good enough".

Best Regards,

João almeida

I think that is not a good idea at all. For instance I tried to pass English test 10 times and you can kill me but I can not manage to go above 3.8. Do you think this should prevent me getting top rated badge? 

Ace Contributor
27 Posts

Hi Giorgi, please read carrefully what I've said.

'test in your area of expertise'.

So if you are doing Translations to/from English or you are a writer that means you don't deserve to be Top Rated at all.

Community Guru
855 Posts

I'd like to ask someone (?) on Upwork to consider adding a few lines on this article Top Rated Perk: Feedback Removal explaining that freelancers opting to remove feedback will see this sentence "This feedback has been removed by the freelancer" on their profile page.

Not everyone comes to the forum, but everyone deserves to be informed.

Community Guru
2,461 Posts

Giorgi N wrote:

Joao A wrote:

....Regarding other criterias that would help to define even better the Top Rated program I would go probably for more earnings per year (3k+ $ for example) and the average of the tests a freelancer did (in his area of expertise) should be really high. Something between 4.00~4.20... 

Best Regards,

João almeida 

I think that is not a good idea at all. For instance I tried to pass English test 10 times and you can kill me but I can not manage to go above 3.8. Do you think this should prevent me getting top rated badge? 

The problem is that the x.y scores are not at all representative of skill level. My 3.5 puts me in the 96th percentile of all takers of the UK English Oxford Style Editing Skills Test (For Writing Professionals), and my edit of a dissertation submitted to the London School of Economics was accepted with no changes by my client's committee. Neither the score nor the decile ranking given by Elance indicate that level of skill.

Best to all,

Michael