cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying to my job? I have a question for you!

Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
31 of 55
I just applied for a job with some seriously targeted questions. The client knows exactly who they are looking for. The questions asked for very specific examples of experience. The client will be able to filter out a lot of freelancers this way. The job was posted yesterday, and so far I am only the fifth freelancer to apply. I suppose the usual low-rate spammers who apply for any job as soon as it is posted saw the questions and gave up. Good job oDesk! (I think.)
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
32 of 55
what gets me is the question on programming jobs that asks something like what will be the most challenging part of the job... I am forced to answer: none of it. it is just programming.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
33 of 55
Similar to my reply when asked what part of a proofreading job will take the longest time. My answer is it all takes the same time, that's the whole point..
Kirsten H Member Since: Apr 1, 2012
34 of 55
[quote=Stephen B.]Similar to my reply when asked what part of a proofreading job will take the longest time. My answer is it all takes the same time, that's the whole point..[/quote] Next time, say, "The proofreading part."
Community Guru
35 of 55
Just now: What past project or job have you had that is most like this one and why? see profile.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
36 of 55
I've actually made the mistake of trying to stretch these kinds of answers into paragraphs. I'm such an expert at *ull***t, I should be a politician.
Mudasser M Member Since: Jul 28, 2010
37 of 55
Dear oDesk, Everything was going fine with your last interface as I just describe my all the skills in cover letter and client give good response at that time. But after your recent changings in the interface, I believe its time consuming to answer this kind of questions that have none to do with the job, like I have good profile and my pofile is speaking with feedback, reviews, tests, history and objectives. But still oDesk is forcing me to answer the same questions again and again to a smilar jobs, but really its disgusting and I feel that I dont have future on oDesk anymore Smiley Sad Requesting to oDesk officials that please review your interface again and make an survey before applying these changings to this interface. Thanks~ Mudasser Masood
Samer A Member Since: Apr 11, 2012
38 of 55
I am strongly aggree with Mudassar. Yes it is quit time taking. Action speak louder then words then why there are so many questions even on small budget jobs like $5 or less etc. Let it make more specify between client and contractor, that client can ask anything in the interview, not before the interview. Kindly look forward Odesk Thank You
Muhammad A Member Since: Jul 19, 2011
39 of 55
It's really a time wasting for answering of smilar questions again and again that have nothing to do with the 10 hours job? I have to spend 40 minutes for answering these none to do time wasting questions Smiley Sad I am really upset and tired of this new interface
Community Guru
40 of 55
just applied for one, only questions. No place to really make a statement that fits. why did you apply for this job. "because it was posted" what do you see as the most challenging part. "none of it" what tests have you taken.... "that is for you to decide, read profile" what questions to you have ... "and just how do you want it to work". Not much of a description as to what is wrong with the program.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS