cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying to my job? I have a question for you!

Temitope F Member Since: Feb 29, 2008
41 of 55
why did you apply for this job. "because it was posted" Maybe it is a "read-only" job
Fiona M Member Since: Apr 19, 2011
42 of 55
Personally I think the idea of the client being able to ask targeted questions helps me out too. There are too many jobs posted with hardly any info about what will actually be expected from you. The targeted questions will give more insight into what the client is looking for.
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
43 of 55
I have yet to see any with targeted questions. If the job description is vague, I still apply and give my flat rate for similar type jobs, with the caveats that apply to them. Along with informing them that the flat rate may change depending on further clarification.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
44 of 55
That one job I found that asked targeted questions had a total of 7 applicants, including me. The client never interviewed anyone. It is almost a month now since the job was posted. Edit: Ebook writing - $10. What do you think the hardest part of the job will be? Convincing the tax authorities that I wrote an Ebook and only got paid $10.
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
45 of 55
[quote=Marcia Malory] Convincing the tax authorities that I wrote an Ebook and only got paid $10.[/quote] lol. You've given me a good laugh today, Marcia.
Fiona M Member Since: Apr 19, 2011
46 of 55
I was invited to apply for a job and the questions had been given some thought by the client - it made it a lot clearer what they were looking for. I do think the generic questions can be a waste of time but, in this case, the questions were a help Smiley Happy
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
47 of 55
Went to apply for a contract a couple of days ago. No place to enter proposal, just questions. Job description was so-so vague and not enough info to even try to answer questions. Turned in a ticket thinking that something was wrong with post and answer was that a client could post job with only questions and no place for proposal.
Ismail A Member Since: Jan 6, 2013
48 of 55
i can't understand how clients filter freelancers by just reading their answers on some irrelevant repetitive questions , i mean if you are client you should read the feedback and check the profile and the portfolio rather than wasting your time reading lame answers for the most stupid questions i have ever seen
Ahmed B Member Since: Mar 17, 2012
49 of 55
This stupid question doesn't help at all. I hate them.Just wasting of time. I hope the Odesk Support consider this as problem and remove this stupid generic question Please!!
Dorina L Member Since: Feb 14, 2014
50 of 55
I also think that generic questions are useless for freelancers, maybe the targeted questions will help the clients, if they know exactly what they are looking for but I consider the Cover Letters and freelancers feedback the best way to choose the right person for the job. I know that for the client is hard to read sometimes over 100 applications but I think this is part of his job as my job is to be a professional. So there should be a way to help both freelancers and clients with this matter. Maybe it will help a Message Board where can be asked questions strictly about the project but no self promotion involved?
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS