cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blog Post Alert - 2015 Commitment to Quality

Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
1 of 23

UPDATE: this thread has been closed from further replies.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to check out our recently issued blog post regarding some of the initiatives we're rolling out soon, all with the goal of highligting quality performance and helping those of you who are delivering great customer experiences to succeed even more. Take a look and let us know your thoughts!

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 23

I read over this blog post.

Wow.

My friends on oDesk: Amen to this.

If 10% of what is promised here is actually delivered I will be ecstaticly happy.

Statistics will be displayed notifying you if "your job applications a good fit for the job post".

Clients who exhibit "consistently worrisome behavior" will be flagged and notified.

We'll be shown stats comparing our overall performance to that of other freelancers.

This blog post is like Charlie walking into Willie Wonka's chocolate factory and beholding wondrous confectionaries more wonderful than anything he could have imagined.

It will probably end up like the Tim Burton/Johnny Depp version instead of the Gene Wilder version, but hey, I'll take it.

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
3 of 23

Wow great article.  

My Stats:

I can't wait.

Rewards for the Best Freelancers:

Great idea!!  I think this will incentivize freelancers to produce the highest quality results which in turn will improve the platform and bring in more clients.

I am looking forward to these changes in the future and continuing to see the platform improve.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
4 of 23

Thank you for the update Garnor.

I have been looking forward to the addition of "My Stats" since I first learned about it a day or so ago. I hope that "My Stats" will include statistics regarding some of the previously "hidden" metrics that are used for purposes of freelancer account reviews and other activities.

For instance, stats for clients' anonymous answers and ratings to questions when contracts are ended (numbers only; no need to identify clients), number of disputes filed if any, number of contracts without feedback that freelancers are held accountable for (I am currently contesting this issue because it is unfair when even oDesk cannot contact the client on behalf of the freelancer)....

Also, other metrics that are typically withheld from freelancers despite the fact they affect the time and effort that a freelancer might choose to put forth trying to locate the best jobs and the best clients on oDesk. That is, the "best" based on what the freelancer expects from clients in return for timely, quality services.

Regardless of how thorough [complete] the new "My Stats" might be, it is definitely a move in the right direction.

Increased visibility in search? More opportunities to secure the best work on oDesk? I could use a little of that myself. I believe that is possible only if further improvements in the freelancer search for jobs features AND in client search for freelancers features are implemented (Ref. "Mad robots" aka algorithms).

In closing, good job oDesk! Keep up the good work!

Ace Contributor
Sk Arif H Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 23

It's just simply awesomeSmiley Happy

As My stats option is going to be launched, my question is whether you are planning to implement "membership plan" program for the freelancers (since both of these features has already been existed in Elance).

Thanks,

Arif

Community Guru
6 of 23

Good question Sk Arif H. At this point, the way things have been I would be in favor of a membership plan similar to that on Elance. However, I would hope that other measures would be implemented so as not to favor those that just pay for the privilege of ranking higher in client searches for freelancers.

Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
7 of 23

Hi Arif and Ron,

Not at this time. We're continuing to operate and manage two separate platforms. The introduction of My Stats here on oDesk is going to look quite different from what you see on Elance today. We're excited to show this to you.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 23

Thank you for your question Arif and Ron.

For now we do not have any information about membership plans being implemented on oDesk. However, if there are any changes in that sphere, we will notify the Community right away.

Stay tuned!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
9 of 23

Another question: Are there any plans for oDesk to eventually launch an entirely new core site? Maybe something that would be implemented with other portions of the site often distinguished by the lime-green header bar that appears frequently when new pages are published.

Ace Contributor
Douglas A Member Since: Jan 13, 2015
10 of 23

I like the new focus for 2015, particularly making more quality, longer term work opportunities available to quality freelancers.  I also like the idea of putting more emphasis on the filtering out of bad clients. 

Question: How will this new focus relate to the current All Star Program?  Will this be a replacement, or an enhancement? 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS