cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bring Your Own Freelancer for Clients

Antonio A Member Since: Jul 15, 2015
11 of 29

Does this mean the freelancer have to sign up for an account? If yes, they basically become a member too.

Cheers,
Antonio
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 29
Antonio, yes, the freelancer must sign up for an account on Upwork in order to participate in this program. They are sent an invitation which allows them to quickly sign up.
Highlighted
Mithoon C Member Since: Aug 5, 2016
13 of 29

I could not find this option " Bring your own freelancer" in my client profile. can you please explain by screenshots?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
14 of 29

Hi Mithoon,

Please follow the instructions Garnor shared in his post and from the screenshot below.

BYOF.png

SVITLANA K Member Since: Aug 23, 2017
15 of 29

I agree I can't find invite also. There is no "Freelancers" tab and I can't find invite option anywhere. This article is out dated. 

------------------------

This article does not contain current information and is misleading. There is no "Freelancers" tab in the new design and I can't find "invite" option anyplace. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063588-Invite-Outside-Freelancers-to-Join-You-on-Upw...

How do I find the option to invite someone from outside world?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
16 of 29

Hi Svitlana,

The option you are referring to is available in client accounts. It doesn't look like you have a client account and that's why you don't see the option. If you are looking to hire freelancers via Upwork, check out this help article for more information about how to add a client account.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Allan Carlo G Member Since: Jan 8, 2017
17 of 29

Hello,

Will BYOF work even though I already have an existing profile here in Upwork?

cheers,

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
18 of 29

Hi Allan Carlo,

If you already have an account on Upwork your client can hire you directly from your existing profile. Users are allowed to have only one Upwork account so you won't be allowed to create a new one.

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
19 of 29

If you've already created your profile your client doesn't need to invite you using the bring your own freelancer link. You can just give them the link to your profile and they can invite you to a job or hire you from there.

Vipul J Member Since: Oct 15, 2017
20 of 29

What if profile is under review? Still not verified. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS