Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bring Your Own Freelancer for Clients

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
21 of 29

Hi Vipul,

When a client submits a request to bring their own freelancers our team will review it and respond back with the results. Please keep in mind that not all requests are accepted, thank you.

Untitled
Darrell D Member Since: Jun 11, 2017
22 of 29

The fees, including initial 20% seemed to apply when we brought our own freelancers. That doesn't make any sense. I'm hoping that's a mistake as no way we can use this platform if that's case. Sliding scale is for freelancers to encourage them to work with multiple clients. BYO should be very low.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
23 of 29

Hi Darrell,

Thank you for sharing your concern. Freelancers who join Upwork via Bring Your Own Freelancer program will be charged the standard Upwork Service Fee. Most clients talk with their freelancers to negotiate contract terms before sending an invitation, taking any fees into consideration.

~ Valeria
Untitled
SVITLANA K Member Since: Aug 23, 2017
24 of 29

This feature is missing in the new interface or at least the article in help is no longer valid.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063588-Invite-Outside-Freelancers-to-Join-You-on-Upw...

How do I find the option to invite someone from outside world?

Pravin K Member Since: Aug 8, 2018
25 of 29

Wow, this is exactly what I needed today. Thank you Upwork. Smiley Happy

Rebecca S Member Since: May 7, 2019
26 of 29

I did not know there was a BYO process. I asked a freelancer to join Upwork so that I could officially hire her. I can see her profile here but it says "This freelancer is not available for job invitations." How can I get this corrected? 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
27 of 29

Hi Rebecca,

Freelancers who've been invited to the platform through Bring Your Own Freelancer program are able to work with that particular client even if their profile weren't approved. Please find more information about it here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Rebecca S Member Since: May 7, 2019
28 of 29

Hi Bojan, 

I am aware of that now. However, the issue I am having is that I just told the freelancer to join I did not follow the correct process. She has now created an account and I can view it but is is marked as "This freelancer is not available for job invitations". I need to get this corrected. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Is there a number I should call? 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
29 of 29

Thank you for following up, Rebecca.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS