Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bring Your Own Freelancer for Clients

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
1 of 29

Hi everyone,

Starting today, all clients will see the “Bring Your Own Freelancer” feature available as one of the main options on Upwork.  This feature has been available for some time, but will now be made more prominent in the main navigation options for clients. This feature is intended for clients who wish to invite non-Upwork freelancers to the platform to centralize their freelancer relationships, reporting, and payments in one place.

This feature can be accessed by navigating to the main “Freelancers” tab and clicking on “Bring Your Own Freelancer”. Clients can then enter the freelancer’s details and invite them to a contract on Upwork. Submitting this form will send an email to the freelancer that invites them to register and view/accept the offer. Once they’ve done so, they can immediately start working.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Dharmveer S Member Since: Jun 29, 2015
2 of 29

Hats off to upwork ! It will open a new gate of oppurtunity and Work. Bravo #

Vikram N Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
3 of 29

Excellent!

Lester H Member Since: May 5, 2015
4 of 29

How does this work with Section 7 of the User Agreement - the Circumvention section.  Is this expressly waived if I bring someone with whom I have a prior relationship?

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
5 of 29

How does this affect the 2 years disintermediation clause? If I bring my own freelancer, clearly I didn't identify them on Upwork. Does this mean that for those instances, the clause does not apply?

Edited to add: I just saw Lester's comment and am surprised it hasn't been answered yet.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
6 of 29

Hi Everyone,

Great question, disintermediation applies only to freelancers and clients that identified each other through the platform.  So to answer you question,  if a client brings a freelancer that they have engaged with previously onto the platform, disintermediation would not apply. 

-Lena 

Untitled
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
7 of 29

@Lena E wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Great question, disintermediation applies only to freelancers and clients that identified each other through the platform.  So to answer you question,  if a client brings a freelancer that they have engaged with previously onto the platform, disintermediation would not apply. 

-Lena 

Thanks, Lena! That makes sense. 

Sachin C Member Since: Nov 4, 2018
8 of 29
Hi
Kristy P Member Since: Jul 13, 2015
9 of 29

Awesome feature!  Thanks for the info!

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 29

Thanks for clearing that up!