Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Re: Changes for Specialized Profiles in Mobile Development

Moderator
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
11 of 45

Hi Vinod,

Please send me a PM (click on my name) with the contact information of the person that has reached out to you and I will assist you further. Thank you.


Untitled
Ace Contributor
Vinod M Member Since: Sep 27, 2017
12 of 45

Hi Goran,

Just sent a PM, Please check and let me know.

 

 

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
13 of 45
Hi Vinod,

Yes one of Upwork’s Project managers, Jessica, did send out emails to freelancers to walk them through the creation flow. You can reply back to email and book time if you’d like.
Untitled
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
14 of 45

@Lena E wrote:
Hi Vinod,

Yes one of Upwork’s Project managers, Jessica, did send out emails to freelancers to walk them through the creation flow. You can reply back to email and book time if you’d like.

I do hope you're offering those freelancers payment for that 50-minute test of the new feature... or are you expecting them to donate their time to help you with this test?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
15 of 45

Hi Jess,

 

Yes, users will be compensated for their time. Thanks for your concern. Although, since you're not in the web development category you will not be affected by this. Don't worry, no one will be reaching out for a 50-min call with you Smiley Happy

 

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
16 of 45

@Lena E wrote:

Hi Jess,

 

Yes, users will be compensated for their time. Thanks for your concern. Although, since you're not in the web development category you will not be affected by this. Don't worry, no one will be reaching out for a 50-min call with you Smiley Happy

 

-Lena

__________________________________________________________________________

Lena, we as FL can care and be concerned about FL in categories other than our own.  Some of us may sincerely, simply care about other people and/or believe what occurs to people in one category may occur to those of us in other categories.     


 

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
17 of 45

I know devs are important, but really, without other technical gurus and writers and editors to keep everything together, they might just as well not exist, unless of course, language changes so radically that we will only communicate in grunts and sign language. I think that day is not far off.

 

But in the meantime, could Upwork explain why such importance is being bestowed on just one category? 

 

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
18 of 45

@Nichola L wrote:

 

 

But in the meantime, could Upwork explain why such importance is being bestowed on just one category? 

 


It's probably due to the fact that IT is what is the most in demand, and mobile app market is just crazy.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
19 of 45

BRAVA @ Pat.  Well said and most definitely needed saying.

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
20 of 45

@Wendy C wrote:

@BRAVA @ Pat.  Well said and most definitely needed saying.

_________________________________________________________________________

Thank you, Wendy.  As many know by now, I'm not shy.  Frankly I was disappointed, saddened, and appalled by Lena's response to Jess.

 

Evidently there's at least occasions whereby UW employees forget that at least part of their "bread is buttered" by successful FLs.  Perhaps that will improve in the future when successful FL may also become stock holders.  I guess only time will tell.