cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changes for Specialized Profiles in Mobile Development

Guillaume L Member Since: Jul 25, 2018
31 of 45

Hi Goran.

No I did not do any of what you mention.

Should I ?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
32 of 45

Hi Guillaume,

Please try troubleshooting this by following the steps above and if you`re still experiencing the same issue let me know what type of browsers you used. Thank you.

Untitled
Guillaume L Member Since: Jul 25, 2018
33 of 45

Hi Goran.

Just to let you know, I tried again this morning without do any of the suggested work around and this worked this time.

Thanks

Community Guru
Claudia Z Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
34 of 45

Wouldn't be much more effective to just offer category select? Like it was on Elance but give the freelancer the option to input custom category title and description.

From what I noticed, the JSS is global .... kinda misleading. Shouldn't be displayed the JSS for that specific "profile"?

I searched freelancers in the "Mobile Development" category. After clicking on a profile I got the "General" profile ... shouldn't link to Mobile Dev profile? I suppose that when a freelancer with specialized profile submits a proposal, the client is still seeing first the General Profile.

"Specialized profiles" is confusing. How will the clients perceive the specialized profiles after they are available to everyone? If a freelancer doesn't setup any, does that mean that freelancer's profile is not specialized but only has a General Profile?

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
35 of 45

Hey Claudia,

Great questions. If the freelancer's specialized profile is the one that matches the client's search query, then if the client clicks into the result they will see the specialized profile by default. In the case you mentioned with Web Development, its possible that freelancer didn't have a specialized profile and thats why you were shown their general profile. 

In regards to submitting proposals, jobs that have been associated with a specialization (currently web developmen) when a freelancer submits a proposal and has a matching specialized profile, this will be the default profile shown to clients with the proposal- and the client can still click over to view their general profile.

About JSS, it is global, as we are not to the point where we have a service-specific JSS yet. We will share your feedback with the team.

Untitled
Community Guru
36 of 45

@Lena E wrote:

If the freelancer's specialized profile is the one that matches the client's search query, then if the client clicks into the result they will see the specialized profile by default.

This doesn't happen if you only select the category, without a keyword search.

https://www.upwork.com/ab/profiles/search/?c=web-mobile-software-dev&sc=mobile-development

Community Manager
37 of 45

Hi Claudia, 

These profiles are displayed when searching by keyword or with categories. Albeit, the number of freelancers who have a specialized profile vs the number of freelancers in the category is not very high yet. So unless narrowing your search more to like "android developer", you may find you have to click to page 4 or 5 before you find a freelancer with a specialized profile listed.  You'll be able to tell if they have a specialized profile if you see a star and a line that says "specializes in mobile app development" or something like that in their tile and when you click through you'll see that they have tabs for their general profile vs specialized profile. 

Untitled
Community Guru
38 of 45

Hi Lena,

using the search filter above, search only by category, I got on the first page only freelancers with specialized profiles and when I click on the name in the flyout it opens the General profile, I can see the tabs with specialized profiles. What I'm trying to say is that it links to a Speciliazed profile, ofcourse if one exist, only if you insert also a keyword search.

I ran a few searches and most of the times on the first page I got freelancers with specialized profiles. I hope specialized profiles aren't given a boost in the search to the detriment of the others who doesn't want/need to have additional specialized profiles.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
39 of 45

I'm sorry if this was already discussed somewhere, but when an FLer has this feature enabled, are there tabs on their profile which allow the client to navigate from one specialized profile to another?

I think this would be a must.

Other than that, I can't wait to see this fully deployed!

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Manager
40 of 45

Hi everyone, just a reminder all specialized iOS and Android profiles will be deleted today (August 20th). If you did not migrate your profile to the new mobile app or mobile game development profile, you can still create a new one by visiting your profile and following the prompts to create your spcialized profile.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS