cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Default Settings for Preferred Qualifications

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
21 of 28

Hi Arnab,

Please have a look at the requirements new users need to meet in order to become a Rising Talent.

Ace Contributor
Arnab R Member Since: Mar 30, 2016
22 of 28

Thank you Vladimir for your reply. I have already seen the requirements to become a Rising Talent. And I guess I adhere all rules and followed all the requirements.

I will be glad if you please point me out where I lack.

Regards,

Arnab

Ace Contributor
Patty N Member Since: Jul 6, 2016
23 of 28

So now, despite experience running a national virtual office, but new to Upwork, I can't bid on any work. 

You should just make this a private site only for freelancers already getting projects.  

Or perhaps actually know that some clients lie they are in the US and will not pay thru Upwork.  

Turned down 2 very suspect interviews but guess I should have taken a job that wanted me to set up a checking account in a foreign bank and hope I could get paid and rated.

Community Guru
Heaven H Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
24 of 28

Patty N wrote:

So now, despite experience running a national virtual office, but new to Upwork, I can't bid on any work. 

What's preventing you from bidding?

Ace Contributor
Patty N Member Since: Jul 6, 2016
25 of 28

Previously, if I submitted a proposal that had a 90% or other qualifier, Upwork would notify the client I didn't meet the qualifications..  If it is the same, the client will be disinclined to even read a cover letter.

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
26 of 28

Patty,

Our colleagues and competitors have reported again and again in the fora that not meeting criteria specified by the client is no barrier to having one's proposal read and being hired.

Best,
Michael

Bakey F Member Since: Jul 17, 2016
27 of 28

And if the client doesn't modify the settings, which I am certain most of them don't from what I have noticed on postings, then still the freelancer with none of the preferred qualifications has no chance of getting the job.  So I am not quite sure what you have accomplished with this apart from ensuring that new freelancers don't even get considered.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
28 of 28

Hi Bakey, 

I would just like to reiterate what Valeria, and Douglas Michael has mentioned on this thread - freelancers will still be able to apply even if they don't meet the preferences or qualifications set by the client. I have read in other threads that despite not meeting these preferences, some freelancers are still able to land the job they bid for.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS