cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changes to Upwork’s User Flag System

Elizabeth S Member Since: Sep 4, 2015
11 of 13

Dorian, I am responding to your statement regarding "something else" comments in which you noted only 5% of those comments as pertaining to academic fraud. While I am a ghostwriting freelancer who actually does try to report prospective clients seeking to commit academic fraud, the process to report it is considerably more time-consuming that flagging. For years, too many other freelancers on this forum (besides me) have expressed a similar perspective on the lack of the ability to specifically flag academic fraud. If UpWork does not take a stronger approach to decreasing academic fraud, it is really aiding such fraud. After all, students clearly know that their chances of finding an unethical freelancer to write their required reports is probable if they simply persist. Over time, the problem has gotten worse - and not better. Although I doubt you will take constructive action on this matter, I felt it was important that readers new to this forum recognize that this is an ongoing problem - and perhaps you will be the UpWork representative who finally does something about this problem! Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
12 of 13

So when is "Client is asking for free work" coming back? It's still not there! This is one of the most common reasons why I flag a job post.

Highlighted
Employee
Dorian H Employee Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
13 of 13

Hi Isabelle,

I wanted to provide time for the community to comment and give me feedback and suggestions. This was so I wouldn't have my colleagues do the same task twice because I missed a flag. As it has been a couple weeks since I first posted, I consider the comment period for new flags closed and have assigned the task to be done. When I have a more solid ETA I will of course update this forum. My apologies if that wasn't more readily apparent in my previous messages.

Best,

Dorian

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS