cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Upwork’s client membership plans

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
221 of 236

Hi Henry, 

I'm sorry to learn that you are disappointed with this change. While you are unable to access full reports on a Client Basic Plan, you should still be able to access your freelancers Work Diaries, Transactions, and Weekly Summaries (through an email). 

The Work Diary no longer appears in your Reports tab, but you still have access to view it and all contract details on a contract-by-contract basis in the Contract Room. You can access the Contract Room from two places: My Jobs>Contracts for active contracts or Jobs>All Contracts.

To be able to access your Transactions report, please hover your mouse over the “Reports” tab and then click on “Transactions” to view your Transactions report.  

Upwork Client Basic customers will still be able to see their weekly transactions through the Weekly Summary email. For more information, please visit this Help Center article.

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
John S Member Since: Jun 26, 2015
222 of 236

So I'll spend hours going through dozens of freelancers in hopes of finding those 3 or 6 that are most likely to accept my invitation just to find out after interviewing them that they're not suitable for the job.

And then what?

Delete the job.

Post a new one.

Spend more hours and so on.

And why?

Because I can't use a competitor service?

But I can.

Thanks for the nice treatment after all these years.

Erica M Member Since: Jun 27, 2019
223 of 236

I'm a freelance writer and find this policy very shortsighted.  Finding the right person on a website like Upwork is a numbers game.  You are not dealing with an elite service that vets us.   Anyone can join.  Clients aren't going to find the right person the first or even tenth invitation.  This is really the kiss of death for Upwork.  Let's hope another site emerges that doesn't soak both sides for all they can get.  FYI I don't even bother looking for work on Upwork anymore.  Too time intensive for too little reward.  And the site has a terrible reputation among freelancer writers for many reasons.

Dave G Member Since: Aug 13, 2016
224 of 236

For all 3 invites I sent, freelnacer either bailed out, or eventually wanted 3 times more than what I was bidding. had to open a new job. very frustrating user experience.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
225 of 236

Mods, please convey buyer comments, reactions, and frankly, anger at the lack of reports (albeit they remain available in an extremely unfriendly fashion) and the limited invites. 

To be utterly repetitive, 10 invites makes sense. This limits 'mass invites' which most professionals reject out-of-hand; buyers don't have to wade thru nonsense proposals, and buyers do have a reasonable number of interested FLers to discuss their project with.

For buyers > if most of your invites respond with a 'No thanks' due to budget reasons ... you are not pricing the project reasonably.  Look at the hourly rates for FLer before inviting them ....

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
226 of 236

Wendy C wrote:

Mods, please convey buyer comments, reactions, and frankly, anger at the lack of reports (albeit they remain available in an extremely unfriendly fashion) and the limited invites. 

To be utterly repetitive, 10 invites makes sense. This limits 'mass invites' which most professionals reject out-of-hand; buyers don't have to wade thru nonsense proposals, and buyers do have a reasonable number of interested FLers to discuss their project with.

For buyers > if most of your invites respond with a 'No thanks' due to budget reasons ... you are not pricing the project reasonably.  Look at the hourly rates for FLer before inviting them ....

+ 1000
All my support.
You are seeing a lot of really angry customer. And it doesn't surprise me.

10 invitations would be fine.
And, please, don't carry out the "dynamic" invitations.

Nenad L Member Since: Apr 16, 2018
227 of 236

What a **Edited for Community Guidelines** - advanced reporting? are you kidding me, those are basic reports, I'm not paying extra for basic reports that should be a part of a free account. We are already looking for other options. Bye bye upwork.

Bruno T Member Since: Aug 6, 2019
228 of 236

You have essentially rendered the free plan worthless since a client can no longer get a detailed report on how much work their freelancer is doing for separate clients. And you changed the plan so I can't access the last month's reports except if I pay $50 to access it. Thanks for nothing. You are taking from both ends, the freelancer and the client on top of the hefty fee you are already taking from the client, which has now been raised to 3 percent. I will definitely be looking for more affordable alternative.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
229 of 236

Hi Bruno,

As part of the Basic plan you have access to several reports:

-Transaction report. This gives you a detailed view of all your Upwork transactions.

-Freelancer work diaries. Visit the Contract Room for any project to see a freelancer’s Work Diary.

-Weekly Summary email. Account admins will get this weekly email report, which includes details such as the hours logged by your freelancer(s).

Based on data about how clients use reports, we expect that the tools above will give the majority of clients the information they need to manage their projects. However, in cases where clients need more information, we are offering the paid Client Plus plan.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Dave G Member Since: Aug 13, 2016
230 of 236

my post was removed due to "community guidlines". long story short, the 3 invites do not work for me. I have no way to tell in advance if people are availble for work, if they agree to my terms, if they are capable, or at all in the mood. my projects are stuck. very frustrating. major drop downhill for upwork. I use it to save time, and now finding myself wasting time on re-posting the same projects over and over.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS