cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Upwork’s client membership plans

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
41 of 240

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your question. The new memberships are designed to give businesses who use Upwork more options. For example, Upwork Plus and Upwork Business include more advanced tools and services (including activity codes) and we expect businesses who use Upwork more frequently to take advantage of the services that are bundled into those plans. We also have Upwork Basic, our new free plan, that includes all the essentials for individuals or those who only hire occasionally. These new plans make it easier for businesses to be flexible and select the plan that works best for them at any given time.

Louise E Member Since: Jul 19, 2018
42 of 240

To hell with that, will never do it.

When I was a freelancer & you charged 20% I told you, I would leave - and I did.

If I dont have access to the same tools that I would have on the plan I signed up - I WILL LEAVE!

I will not pay a cent, since you already take 20% of a freelancers profits the minute you bill me, now you want to charge me when you are already taking a % of the transfers, 20% from the freelancers.

Heres my prediction for you, without a crystal ball - implement the policy, watch the site crumble -it will happen. No need for Upwork anymore and watch freelancers, hirers leave on mass

Bunch of **Edited for Community Guidelines** -if you cant afford the bills due to your mergers, acquisitions thats your problem. I am never going to pay to post a job on Upwork, not now, not ever, never!

OK - So I just logged in after posting this and all reporting gone - so you want me to use your platform, you make money from the transactions fees + you want to keep me as a client? I dont think so, I will let my freelancers know right now I will not be using the platform anymore.

you wont charge me a % of the monthly fee and not have me see what I am paying for - going, going, gone!

See you!

Steve G Member Since: Jun 17, 2019
43 of 240

Right behind you.  Entrepreneurs will figure something out.  We always do. 

Chirag S Member Since: May 29, 2019
44 of 240

its too tuff to build something like upwork.com .Linkedin is trying pro finder and is failing considerably.

yeah go to another freelancing site but you wont find the quality.Plus there is no one like upwork.com

Try linkedin Pro finder which charges 60$ per month with no quality freelancer.

This is also done to ensure the client and freelancer dont do offline transactions once they meet on the platform.

Steve G Member Since: Jun 17, 2019
47 of 240

Sorry.  You must not run a business.  All posts I read are not advocating for not charging, but pick a way to charge.  Fees, %(s), and Subscription plan???   Pick one.

47 of 240
both
47 of 240

i run a business and i am alredy saved 80% of my cost on hiring on upwork.You go hire some local vendor and see how much they charge.You will still save loads of money with upwork.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
48 of 240

Hi Louise,

Thanks for sharing your concerns and we're sorry to hear about your decision. At Upwork, we know that our success goes hand-in-hand with yours. The new memberships are designed to give businesses who use Upwork more options. For example, Upwork Plus and Upwork Business include more advanced tools and services and we expect businesses who use Upwork more frequently to take advantage of the services that are bundled into those plans. We also have Upwork Basic, our new free plan, that includes all the essentials for individuals or those who only hire occasionally. These new plans make it easier for businesses to be flexible and select the plan that works best for them at any given time. For more info, please seehttps://www.upwork.com/blog/2019/06/new-client-membership-plans/?utm_campaign=replies&utm_source...

Community Guru
Filip K Member Since: May 22, 2017
63 of 240

400 connects are 36 dollars. How are you going to possibly spend 500? 

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
63 of 240

Filip K wrote:

400 connects are 36 dollars. How are you going to possibly spend 500? 

Which part of "CLIENT membership plans" do you have trouble understanding?

Why would a client (!!) care what connects cost and what does that have to do with the OPs (who is a C*L*I*E*N*T) post?