Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Power Member
14 Posts

Changing terminology from "employers" to "clients"

[ Edited ]
Here at oDesk, we’ve debated about the words we use to refer to each other for quite a while now. More than a year ago, we changed how we refer to those hiring on oDesk from “buyers” to “employers.” While that clarified things — new and long-time users alike knew an “employer” was the one doing the hiring — we’ve learned from our community that many of our users don’t actually think of the person hiring as an “employer.” Our users are entrepreneurial, independent and ambitious. They are working and hiring on oDesk, the world’s largest online workplace, because they want to take advantage of all the opportunities and freedom online work provides. In doing so, they have many different types of work relationships - short, long, one-time, and recurring. It’s no longer always about an employee-employer relationship. It’s about getting the work you want, when you want it, where you want it - whether you're the person hiring or the one being hired. With that in mind, we have decided to use a term that is more neutral, so we will now be referring to those hiring on oDesk as “clients.” It’s going to take some time for all the changes to roll out, and for everyone to get used to the adjustment. But over the next several weeks, you’ll no longer see the term “employer,” and instead you will see the term “client.” Thanks for your patience as we continue to evolve oDesk and learn from our users!
Power Member
80 Posts

Whew!

[ Edited ]
Whew! That took a really really long time to debate, but thankfully oDesk has seen the light. Maybe our other suggestions have hope of being implemented soon too, like in the next two years or so Smiley Happy Thanks for the news, Jacqui!
1 Posts

Ever since, I really like to

[ Edited ]
Ever since, I really like to use the term "clients" instead of "buyers".
2 Posts

ans

[ Edited ]
i picked up more serious buyers calling to see if the house is really gone
Power Member
584 Posts

Weekly test question class five

[ Edited ]
[quote=Arlene C.]Ever since, I really like to use the term "clients" instead of "buyers".[/quote]
1 Posts

Brilliant

[ Edited ]
i really like this new idea about the employer and employee relationship. hope this thing will work and can benefits both party and Odesk. roldan
1 Posts

Thanks for odesk.

[ Edited ]
i really like this new idea about the employer and employee relationship. hope this thing will work and can benefits both party and Odesk. I work them but When buyer contract me work started but any problem no how to client hire me.
1 Posts

i llike

[ Edited ]
hi, i hope you i will start work with you and i will do good job & time.
1 Posts

This is a great time for us

[ Edited ]
This is the best time to become more productive on Odesk with this new tag. People likes the word "clients" more better than using employer and employee stuff even in a small working place. Thanks for introducing this and than for your comment @Aleah T.
Community Guru
705 Posts

Great

[ Edited ]
Thank you Smiley Happy