🐈
» Support » Resources » Product Release Notes » Client Info Included in Direct Offers
Page options

Client Info Included in Direct Offers

lenaellis
Community Member

Freelancers who receive direct offers from a client will soon have access to the same client information as those who receive an offer after submitting a proposal.

In the past, freelancers who received a direct offer (as opposed to receiving an offer after having submitted a proposal to a job posting) weren’t able to see details about the client who made the offer.

Starting later this week, all offers that freelancers receive will display client details, no matter how they were received. Client details will include their rating from freelancers, location, number of job posts and hire rate, total amount spent, average hourly rate, and how long they’ve been a member.

This was a highly requested change, and we’re excited to make this information available for you soon. Let us know if you have any questions.

Example of info shared on right rail of offer page:

about client.png

17 Comments
lenaellis
Community Member

Unless I'm misunderstanding your comment Douglas Michael and Isabelle, if a client is new and hasn't previously posted a job, there won't be any links to provide. This is not the fault of customer support. There is no previous job history or feedback for clients who have none. 

iaabraham
Community Member

Hi Lena, I was hoping for some client reviews or contract history information. I actually suggested to the CS rep that the client might be new. If the client is new, then I get that there won't be any previous job post to link to, but the CS rep said he couldn't even confirm that:

"I couldn't confirm if he is a new client or not as we couldn't review the client's account details for security reasons."

I don't understand that, as previously, another CS rep was able to tell me that a client was new and that their payment info wasn't verified (before this information was available to freelancers).

Am I missing something?

lenaellis
Community Member

Hi Isabelle,

I see CS agent did confirm they are able to provide links of previous jobs, but this client didn't have any. 

I just checked and they are new, having only registered a couple days ago. 

anamariacuesta
Community Member

I received one of those offers, but I couldn't see the previous contracts of the client. That information is pretty relevant.

iaabraham
Community Member

For goodness' sake, could someone PLEASE train CS on Upwork's policies and how to do their job??

Again I was told by a rep that they could not share the client's feedback history if the client sent me a direct offer, until I linked them to Vladimir's post that explicitly says they can: 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/No-client-history-in-direct-offers/m-p/263070/highlight/...

Of course I bookmarked that post because I know I can't count on them. And in the end, it took nearly half an hour to get one simple link!

Why is there so much miscommunication and inconsistency among CS reps? A few of them know what they can and cannot do, and they do their jobs beautifully, while most others ... !! 

Does the problem lie with individual CS reps or are they not trained properly? Or both??

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Isabelle,

I'm sorry about the delay and inconvenience you experienced during the recent chat session. I reviewed the conversation and we'll follow up with the agent to confirm the correct procedure and ensure consistency in our responses to requests like these. Thanks for bringing this interaction to our attention.

iaabraham
Community Member

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Isabelle,

I'm sorry about the delay and inconvenience you experienced during the recent chat session. I reviewed the conversation and we'll follow up with the agent to confirm the correct procedure and ensure consistency in our responses to requests like these. Thanks for bringing this interaction to our attention.

Thank you, I appreciate it that. 

There seems to be inconsistency with this particular issue (sharing previous job posts of clients), as I've seen a few others complain of the same thing in related threads. So that info/procedure needs to be updated somewhere.

It's very frustrating, so just had to rant Cat Frustrated