cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Fixed Price contracts with no activity

Ace Contributor
Flavio S Member Since: Nov 19, 2015
91 of 96

Well it would be good if these contracts were closed too.

Ace Contributor
SHAWNA G Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
92 of 96

This is a load of bull.  I have been working on a contract, have been communicating with the client, and am redoing the project but upwork notified me that they were closing the contract.  I informed upwork that the contract is still in progress but they said because payments had not been made it was inactive.  According to the user agreement  

"Under Fixed-Price Contracts, once a Client’s Payment Method has been charged to fund the escrow account for the Engagement, absent a full refund to Client by Freelancer, the Service Contract does not terminate until the Freelancer Services are completed.  However, either Client or Freelancer has the right to terminate a Fixed-Price Contract at any time with the consent of the other party or in the event of a material breach.  If a Fixed-Price Contract is terminated, Client does not have the right to recover any payments already released to Freelancer from the escrow account for the Engagement"

It should not terminate until the services are completed.  You folks are really putting the screws to people,  I do this part time and my clients know that things take time.  I believe this is illegal that you cancel a contract between myself and someone else due to 'inactivity' .  There is activity,  look at the messages.  it is definitely active.  If you folks do not stop violating my contracts I will file a lawsuit.  

Saidur R Member Since: Dec 31, 2014
93 of 96

I think its defiantly good initiative for freelancers. This initiative is most significant for me.

Some of my new clients constantly questioning me why you are running too many contracts at same time. Also when new clients review my upwork profile when they see huge amount of jobs in progress then client not trusting about me.

My Suggestion:

But if client not response after final notification then contract should be closed automatically with 5 star rating from client end. Also freelancer should get chance to give the feedback to client.

Sincerely,

Saidur

Saidur Rahman
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
94 of 96

@Saidur R wrote:

I think its defiantly good initiative for freelancers. This initiative is most significant for me.

Some of my new clients constantly questioning me why you are running too many contracts at same time. Also when new clients review my upwork profile when they see huge amount of jobs in progress then client not trusting about me.

My Suggestion:

But if client not response after final notification then contract should be closed automatically with 5 star rating from client end. Also freelancer should get chance to give the feedback to client.

Sincerely,

Saidur

No.

Get better at client and contract management.

(Also, this doesn't apply to your large number of open *hourly* contracts.)

(Also also, this is a rather old thread.)

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
95 of 96

@Saidur R wrote:

But if client not response after final notification then contract should be closed automatically with 5 star rating

Lol :-)

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Ace Contributor
Maria Concepcion S Member Since: Nov 15, 2017
96 of 96

Well mine,  I work as an Appointment Setters and they have no basic pay cause it's fixed but they will pay us if we have commissioned and that commission is really hard and they have quota to reach on, So what happen for those are not consistent like me can't make a quota cause time to time they changed their own policy.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS