cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming soon: our highly requested, fresh-off-the-presses approach to fixed-price jobs

Highlighted
Mollie C Member Since: Apr 23, 2010
1 of 47

In the past, both clients and freelancers have asked for additional ways to protect themselves from unnecessary risk on fixed-price jobs. So, we’re delighted to share that with this new fixed-price model, instead of negotiating an upfront payment, clients will submit a fully refundable deposit. This deposit is held by oDesk until the milestone is completed, and is then released to the freelancer after the client reviews and approves the submitted work.

Some of the key benefits of this new model include:

- Freelancers start work knowing a client will be able to pay for their work

- Clients attract top talent without risking an upfront payment

- Clients can review and approve work in one easy flow

- Freelancers get paid automatically 14 days after submitting work if a client becomes unresponsive

We have rolled this feature out to only a small group of users and will look to roll it out more broadly over the next several weeks. Job offers on the new model will specify a first milestone and funded amount. Fixed-price jobs already posted or hired for will not change.

Let’s take a closer look at how it works. oDesk New Fixed-Price Model. Still have questions? See our help articles for freelancers and short survey or leave comments below.

Happy working,

The oDesk Team

Md Abdul Jalil P Member Since: Oct 7, 2013
2 of 47
Good decision from ODESK.Thanks ODESK.
B B Z GH Z Member Since: Oct 28, 2012
3 of 47
[quote=Md Abdul Jalil P.]Good decision from ODESK.Thanks ODESK.[/quote] I say , anything new is better than whats now ,as I have been cheated several times ,huge amount on fix price works , I have stopped accepting fix price job offer , so I do welcome anything new that can make changes regardless what that can be ,as long as its not much worse than whats now.
Sharique A Member Since: May 28, 2012
4 of 47
So that's escrow from Elance after merger with Elance. I wonder what else will come from Elance to ODesk.
Ace Contributor
Joe K Member Since: Sep 13, 2009
5 of 47
Maybe Odesk can teach Elance how to speed up their website.
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
6 of 47
No upfronts now - what a complete joke! I always got upfront on fixed price jobs, sometimes 100% upfront. This is another reason not to use oDesk. Also the hiding of job applicants, and the money back guarantee is what we in Australia call DISCRIMINATION! I would not be surprised if a class action law suite was brought against oDesk for this discrimination.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
7 of 47
Too late and tired to write a lot now, but +++ to John above. Escrow, but the client decides whether or not you get it...and can keep asking for more work until you do get it...
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
8 of 47
+++
Milan N Member Since: Apr 17, 2012
9 of 47
+++++ Agree, either give us full-escrow protection like on Elance..or dont touch anything and leave upfront payments.
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
10 of 47
and for the same reason that I've started rejecting job invites for fixed rate projects Smiley Tongue
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS