Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Company update: A new chapter, a new leader

Highlighted
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
1 of 16

UPDATE: this thread has been closed from further replies.

Today we announced an update to our leadership team here at Elance-oDesk. We encourage you to read our blog post here for more information. This is an exciting step for our business as we head into a new chapter of innovation and opportunity. Thank you for your continued support and together with our new leader, we look forward to working with you in the years to come.

We’ll do our best to address any questions or comments you have about this transition here on the Community.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
2 of 16

First off Welcome to Stephane, and Good Luck to Fabio (or is Fabio staying?)

My concern with the announcement is twice it stated more changes soon to be announced?

What other changes? As if we have not had enough. Is it on their end or ours?

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 16

@Suzanne N wrote:

What other changes? As if we have not had enough. Is it on their end or ours?

Hi Suzanne,

Really, it's on both ends. If you recall this blog post  we issued a couple of months ago, we highlighted a new phase of innovation for our company with the goal of becoming the premier online workplace for professionals. We’ve been pushing ourselves to create new solutions for the betterment of our community. Results thus far are positive and we look forward to more innovation to improve the client and freelancer experience under our new leadership.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
4 of 16

Garnor,

It is to hard to recall anything with all the changes. They are coming so fast it is hard to keep up with them Smiley Tongue

They don't have the bugs settled with  the changes already done, you would think they would wait till they got those things fixed. 

Highlighted
Gima R Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
5 of 16

I agree with you, I also experiencing too hard to look for new client, also my hourly rate is $4 before,even my profile has an $3.33 rate, clients can't hired me at that rate, but now even at $3.00/hr they can hire. What happen to odesk? I am okay with the changes but sometimes changes is not working well according to plan. We may company may prosper but not the freelancer.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
6 of 16

Congrats to Stephane. I truly welcome the change in leaderships because it usually brings a much needed breath of fresh air. I also welcome the leadership change for the Head of Product role. Hopefully it'll mean better Q&A and fewer bugs. Who is gonna be the new SVP for Engineering and Product? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 16

Hi Krisztina, 

Hayden Brown, a colleague of ours who has been in a leadership position within the Product team, is running our Product organization. We are reviewing candidates for our head of Engineering role. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
8 of 16

Thanks, Garnor. I am excited for Stephane and will be curious to see how things will change and evolve with his leadership (no pressure! Smiley Happy). I'd love to see some contributions from Hayden in the forum as well as the new gal/guy that'll Head Engineering once brought on board. All the best to Fabio.

Highlighted
Community Guru
9 of 16

Thanks Krisztina!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
10 of 16

Congrats to Stephane and welcome.

I'm likely all the changes so far and look forward to even more.

Oh...and please keep the conntects. The difference has been absolutely amazing. I know some are complaining but please don't listen. They must adapt as many of us will. I just don't want to lose all the positives that connects are providing.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS