Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free connects

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3181 of 3,214

Hi James,

We return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
3182 of 3,214

James - Improve your profile. Stop talking about yourself on your profile. Talk about what great things you can do for a client and the first two sentences are the most important. Then forget about connects. They are a cost of doing business - and you have to realize you are competing against thousands of others. It takes a long time to get started on Upwork and many people never do.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
3183 of 3,214

Why is it kinda unfair?

Highlighted
James F Member Since: May 10, 2020
3184 of 3,214

Thank you very much for the replies.Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 
I am very new to this freelancer platform and its a bit confusing so far. I find it unfair as in relation to whether I can expect this job that is pending or not. And the jobs I am talking about have been open for 15 days without someone being hired or closed...
I do realize I am competing against thousands of others and I will try to create a better profile.
Thank you once again.Regards:
James

Highlighted
Community Guru
3185 of 3,214

James F wrote:

Thank you very much for the replies.Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 
I am very new to this freelancer platform and its a bit confusing so far. I find it unfair as in relation to whether I can expect this job that is pending or not. And the jobs I am talking about have been open for 15 days without someone being hired or closed...
I do realize I am competing against thousands of others and I will try to create a better profile.
Thank you once again.Regards:
James

I think the best way to view connects is you are paying for the oppurtunity to propose to a client who has a project.  Once you spent them, don't expect them to come back.

This means that bidding on Upwork has a cost for your business and with all costs you have to make a personal evaluation of it's worth.

Highlighted
Edwin A Member Since: May 22, 2020
3186 of 3,214

hello, im new on upwork..

is there a way to get free connect? i already applied a job , but never get hired..

i dont have any money to buy new connect...that is why i started freelancing

Highlighted
Community Guru
3187 of 3,214

Edwin A wrote:

hello, im new on upwork..

is there a way to get free connect? i already applied a job , but never get hired..

i dont have any money to buy new connect...that is why i started freelancing

No, primarily you have to pay for them.  You can get Rising Talent status and that gives you some but that is not something to wait around for.

Highlighted
Fatima K Member Since: May 19, 2020
3188 of 3,214

I am a new user on Upwork and so that I don't know much about connects. Upwork has given me 20 free connects. I wanna ask a question that if I use all of them then will upwork give me new free connects next month or Will I have to buy them?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mohammed G Member Since: Jan 13, 2016
3189 of 3,214

No, you will need to buy them!

Highlighted
Fatima K Member Since: May 19, 2020
3190 of 3,214

This is sad.I had recently applied for the Job in which it was mentioned that connects are refundable but now he has hired someone for the Job and I have not got back my connects.Does it means that I have lost my connects?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS