cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I didn't use connect for this month but my account display "0 available connect"

moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
4271 of 4,559

Connects are not a guarantee of finding work - they allow you to apply for jobs on the platform.

If you have been able to apply for jobs with your connects then you received exactly what you paid for. 

jhangda
Muhammad T Member Since: Sep 14, 2018
4272 of 4,559

The same sort of issue with me, my connects were bought automatically but I did not intend to buy, now I have to downgrade my plan so will my connects remain same or not?

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4273 of 4,559

Hi Muhammad,

When you downgrade your membership plan, the switch will take effect on your next billing cycle date. The Connects (up to 140) will roll over to the next billing cycle. For more information on the Freelancer Plus membership, check out this help article.

Additionally, one of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
macharsha
Harsha M Member Since: Oct 7, 2020
4274 of 4,559

Hi team, I didn't use connect for this month but my account display "0 available connect" So, how can I solve this issue. please help me. I cant submit proposals.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
4275 of 4,559

Hi Harsha,

I checked your account and it looks like you used your last Connects to submit proposals, you can check your Connect History here. You can purchase more Connects in order to continue submitting proposals, please see these help articles for more information about Connects, how to use them, and the Billing Methods available to purchase them.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
badri_chugo
Badri C Member Since: Oct 8, 2020
4276 of 4,559

Hello everyone.

Can anyone help me?

I have almost 4 month only 1 available connect, is it normal? How can I get free connects?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4277 of 4,559

Hi Badri,

All freelancers were moved to paid Connects back in 2019. This means that freelancers on our Basic plan won't be receiving free Connects anymore. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
badri_chugo
Badri C Member Since: Oct 8, 2020
4278 of 4,559

thanks

iamrashidulislam
Rashidul I Member Since: Sep 25, 2020
4279 of 4,559

Hi,

I'm a new freelancer and I've purchased connects to submit a proposal.

I've submitted a proposal for 13 jobs. 3 were closed.

9 of those 13 didn't hire any consultant and my connects are lost. How Upwork ensures the integrity of this system? We need valid connects to submit proposals and we can expect clients would also submit a valid job, otherwise connects should be refunded.

Upwork says:

• If a project is canceled by the client without making a hire, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned to you for reuse. This does not apply to expired job posts.

My question is: why would client bother to cancel the job post if the client is not willing to continue. Let the job post expires, why to spend more time!! It's very easy to spoil the integrity of this system.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4280 of 4,559

Hi Rashidul,

If a client doesn’t hire and closes their job post, any Connects used to submit a proposal will be returned to you. However, if they do not close the job, no Connects will be returned. We understand this isn’t ideal, and we regularly reach out to clients who have open job posts to encourage them to close them if they don’t intend to hire. Because we know the move to paid Connects has made this issue more important, we have already ramped up our outreach to clients who post jobs and don’t hire, and are looking into other ways to better ensure these jobs get closed so your Connects are returned in these cases.

~ Joanne
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS