cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Connect

Highlighted
Sharjeel A Member Since: Sep 28, 2020
4301 of 4,551

I applied for multiple jobs. Now I was checking the update and discovered that the clients didn't hire any freelancer, last seen the job was hours ago and the proposal range was varying. Now the job is closed and archived but I didn't get my connects back. I am really stuck at this!

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4302 of 4,551

Hi Sharjeel,

We return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Sharjeel A Member Since: Sep 28, 2020
4303 of 4,551
All of the Jobs are closed, Clients visited a long time ago on the same
page, but I am unable to understand, How I would get my connects back?
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4304 of 4,551

Hi Sharjeel,

We return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

Untitled
Milo D Member Since: Mar 23, 2017
4305 of 4,551

A year ago, we the Freelancers enjoy the FREE COONECT to apply to a job post. Lately, we need to buy CONNECTS for us to send proposal to any project we want to.

As a way of giving back to FREELANCERS (TOP RATED), could we have a FREE CONNECTS when we apply to our most liked job posts or we feel comfortable with any job posts? Although no CONNECTS" needed when we replied back to job invites.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4306 of 4,551

Hi Milo,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll be sure to bring this up with the team for consideration. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Mohammad A Member Since: Aug 6, 2019
4307 of 4,551

I have applied to multiple jobs all of them closed by the clients but the conneacts did not refund back. any advise?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
4308 of 4,551

Mohammad A wrote:

I have applied to multiple jobs all of them closed by the clients but the conneacts did not refund back. any advise?

Were they actually closed by the clients, or did they simply expire? Most of the time, jobs will expire and then you won't get your connects back. (Clients who hire elsewhere or change their minds or whatever, will seldom come back to Upwork to close their jobs.) Or if the job was closed because the client hired somebody else, you won't get your connects back either.

Highlighted
Sagar P Member Since: Oct 18, 2020
4309 of 4,551

i dont get my free conects which is give  by upwork per month

Highlighted
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
4310 of 4,551

Hi Sagar,

Please note that the Freelancer Basic plan doesn't include free Connects so you'll need to purchase them if you'd like to send proposals. Some background information: Connects system on Upwork was updated a year ago and you can read more about that change in this Community Announcement.

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click hereTo learn more about acceptable billing methods feel free to check this help article.

~ Nikola

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS