cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you please bring back the free connect feature for new freelancer

Highlighted
Roudy S Member Since: Nov 21, 2020
4521 of 4,537

hello guys, i liked upwork so much but i have a question can you please bring back the free connects to new freelancer in order for me and them to work more in order to have some income and later they can purchase a membership when they are ready to start there career? thank you

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4522 of 4,537

Hi Roudy,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I'll make sure to pass your suggestion to our team for review.

Regarding Connects, please note that after their registration is accepted, a new freelancer receives 20 free Connects to help get them started. After using those Connects, you need to purchase more in order to continue sending proposals. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. You can check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Roudy S Member Since: Nov 21, 2020
4523 of 4,537

thank you sir but i don't have any i live in lebanon so no paypal and i cannot use credit cards what to do?can you please help

Highlighted
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
4524 of 4,537

HI Roudy,

I'm afraid you'd only be able to buy Connects using one of the available billing methods. I understand that Paypal is not available in Lebanon but you'd either have to use a credit or debit card or your Upwork balance to buy Connects. Sorry for any inconvenience this might cause you and feel free to let us know if you have any other concerns.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi

Untitled
Highlighted
Vladimir B Member Since: Aug 22, 2020
4525 of 4,537

Hi there. I just would like to get a definite on whether it's really possible to buy Connects through one's Upwork balance without having to put out a credit card or Paypal. Some forums seem to say that it is possible while others say it is not. 

Highlighted
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
4526 of 4,537

Hi Vladimir,

Yes, I would like to confirm that this is possible. If you have a balance on Upwork you can use it to buy Connects.

~ Nikola

Untitled
Highlighted
4527 of 4,537

Thanks Nikola S. This is great news for me. My next question though is how? The Upwork website always takes you to the billing section with only cc and paypal as options with no way to tell Upwork that they can just deduct from my balance. 

Looking forward to hearing your advice. 

Highlighted
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
4528 of 4,537

Hi Vladimir,

If you have sufficient funds, we will process the withdrawal from your account balance. If not, the full amount will be charged to your primary billing method. You can check out this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi

Untitled
Highlighted
4529 of 4,537

Hi Luigi, 

Thanks for your reply. You said that you will process withdrawal from my account balance if I have sufficient funds. My next question then is: what's the first step? 

I assume, Upwork would start doing that if I send in an email authorizing it to withdraw certain sum from my balance for a certain number of connects. Is that how it works? 

Or you actually need me first to fill out the billing section with my cc or Paypal info with the understanding that you would not take out payments from my card/Paypal as long as my Upwork balance is enough. And in that sense buying connects is possible through one's Upwork balance. 

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4530 of 4,537

Hi Vladimir,

It doesn't work like that. 

To purchase Connects, you can go to Settings > Membership & Connects and click on the green 'Add More Connects' button. From there, select the amount to buy and click on the 'Buy Connects' button.

When you do that, if you don't have enough funds on your Upwork balance, the full amount will be charged to your primary billing method. If you have sufficient funds on your Upwork balance, we will withdraw from that balance. If you don't have enough funds on your Upwork balance nor a billing method, you'll be prompted to add a billing method.

Please note that in order to use your Upwork balance to purchase Connects, the funds need to be in the 'Available' section of your Reports page.

For more information on the Connects, you can check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled