Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3881 of 4,186

Hi Adithya,

A PayPal account needs to be linked with a valid payment method in order to be used as a billing method on Upwork. You should be able to use your PayPal account balance if you have a verified account and a valid payment method linked.

Highlighted
Lemuel M Member Since: Jul 22, 2020
3882 of 4,186
I'm using free will connect resets for free or it won't?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3883 of 4,186

Lemuel M wrote:
I'm using free will connect resets for free or it won't?

They won't

Highlighted
Luningning T Member Since: Jan 13, 2009
3884 of 4,186

Hi,

I observed that my connects this month started at 40. These 40 connects were from what was left in the month of July. I've used up 10 and the remaining is 30. As I understand, a free basic member gets 60 connects per month which is refreshed monthly. May I know why my connects were not refreshed this month of August?

Thank you.

Luningning Tolentino

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3885 of 4,186

Hi Luningning,

There are no longer free Connects given to freelancers each month. If you need more Connects to submit a proposal, you will have to purchase them from your account. Connects are not sold individually, but bundles begin at $1.50 for 10 Connects. Regardless of which bundle you choose, all Connects are priced at $0.15 apiece. Here are your bundle options:

10 for $1.50

20 for $3

40 for $6

60 for $9

80 for $12

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
David N Member Since: Aug 5, 2020
3886 of 4,186
Am qualified and new member of up work requesting for more connects and assistance in getting a client especially in this era of coved 19 and economic hardship.
Thank you
Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3887 of 4,186

Hi David Babu,

New freelancers are given 20 free Connects to help them get started. Once you used up all the free Connects, you will have to purchase them from your account. Connects are not sold individually, but bundles begin at $1.50 for 10 Connects. Regardless of which bundle you choose, all Connects are priced at $0.15 apiece. Here are your bundle options:

10 for $1.50

20 for $3

40 for $6

60 for $9

80 for $12

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
David N Member Since: Aug 5, 2020
3888 of 4,186
Thank you for your email

Is it possible for one to get connects and get deducted from my pay once
get a project from client. Also whether one can use Mpesa.

David
Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3889 of 4,186

Hi David Babu,

David Babu N wrote:
Is it possible for one to get connects and get deducted from my pay once
get a project from client. Also whether one can use Mpesa.

No, Connects can't be charged retroactively. You can use a Credit or Debit Card, PayPal or your Upwork Balance to purchase connects, please check this Help article for more information.

Highlighted
PK Humayan R Member Since: Jul 20, 2020
3890 of 4,186

Already 1 month left. But i don't get new connect for bid. Is there any problem in my profile.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS