cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

43ca8438
Islam H Member Since: Jan 30, 2020
4261 of 4,559

Why do you always come to me with a message that I will restore the contacts that I applied to for jobs and they were closed and I have never recovered anything before, and I have never had a free Connect before like many other freelancers ?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4262 of 4,559

Hi Islam,

Just to clarify, are you referring to refunding Connects? If yes, we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
43ca8438
4263 of 4,559

No, I am referring to the return of my contacts. I have applied for a lot of jobs and many of them close the job and I do not take back my contacts

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4264 of 4,559

Hi Silam,

Please refer to the details I`ve shared in my previous post about refunding Connects. I would like to clarify that Connects are refunded only in these two scenarios. If a job has expired the Connects will not be refunded. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
43ca8438
4265 of 4,559

i don`t get the refunded connects even if the job closed or expired by the way i recive many messegas that my proposal has been archived.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4266 of 4,559

Hi Islam,

We return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of ServiceA job is canceled either by our team in case it's in violation of Upwork TOS or by the client if they don't want to proceed with it. A job expires after 30 days of inactivity but clients are still able to review proposals and hire freelancers after the mentioned time frame. Hope this helps clarify the difference between the two. You can find more information here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
helenmaria21
Helen C Member Since: Oct 6, 2020
4267 of 4,559

Hi

I think I read that each month you get five connects on the monthly basic plan. I have not used the website for a few months, yet still only five connects. Could you please confirm how this is arranged.

Thank you

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
4268 of 4,559

Hi Helen,

We don't offer Connects for free with the Freelancer Basic plan. For more information about Connects, where to get them, and how they work, please visit this help article.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
romain06210
Romain M Member Since: Oct 7, 2020
4269 of 4,559

I have purchased connects and used it for proposals. I wasn't given any chance so I want my money back or I will block the payment from my bank.Seems like I was taken for a ride.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4270 of 4,559

Romain M wrote:

Seems like I was taken for a ride.

How so? 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS